WHO ARE THE BIG COLLECTORS

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Ian Hepworth
registered user
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:35 pm
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 am

I got up to 20+ at one point but had a big clear out a few years ago.

At the moment I've got:-

Lambretta

Series 1 125
Series 2 150 (or is it a 125?)
Series 3 125 special
Lamby polo
chop ("pam", formerly owned by Miller of the hardly rideables)
Oddball monkey bike prototype/parts bin special found in Spanish factory
Cento

Vespa

Mk1 T5

I class myself a collector but most would call me a hoarder.
I'll never forget talking to someone who's eyes lit up when I told him I collected scooters. He said "You must have a TV200 or SX200 or a GP200" I said no, I buy the scooters that people don't want. What's stamped on a bit of metal doesn't impress me.

No time to work on scooters at the moment and the garage is a tip as my Dad died last year and I've got all his woodworking tools that I want to sort through.

User avatar
RICSPEED
registered user
Posts: 4485
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:30 pm
ebay user ID: ricspeed
Location: YORK

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Ian Hepworth wrote: What's stamped on a bit of metal doesn't impress me.
wheres that like button ??? :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320

shamrockexpress
registered user
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Welcome to the group therapy you will soon be feeling signs of recovery...............................
PS as for them frame numbers i was starting to think that was the price stamped on it..RIDICLOUS AND STILL BREAKS DOWN.

OK who else wants to confess, cmon youre amongst friends waiting to give you the pity you deserve :cry:
Ian Hepworth wrote:I got up to 20+ at one point but had a big clear out a few years ago.

At the moment I've got:-

Lambretta

Series 1 125
Series 2 150 (or is it a 125?)
Series 3 125 special
Lamby polo
chop ("pam", formerly owned by Miller of the hardly rideables)
Oddball monkey bike prototype/parts bin special found in Spanish factory
Cento

Vespa

Mk1 T5

I class myself a collector but most would call me a hoarder.
I'll never forget talking to someone who's eyes lit up when I told him I collected scooters. He said "You must have a TV200 or SX200 or a GP200" I said no, I buy the scooters that people don't want. What's stamped on a bit of metal doesn't impress me.

No time to work on scooters at the moment and the garage is a tip as my Dad died last year and I've got all his woodworking tools that I want to sort through.

woody
registered user
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 am
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:59 pm

go on then i,ll take some abuse !
gp200 ts1 italian
gp150 bought new in 84 indian
gp150 skelly italian
jet200 cutdown
jet200 bonedown
li150 series 2
sx200
rally 200 x2
gs160 mk2
sportique 150
none of these are really recent acquisitions i,ve had scoots all my adult life

User avatar
DigDug
registered user
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta
Location: Stroud
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:22 pm

RICSPEED wrote:
Ian Hepworth wrote: What's stamped on a bit of metal doesn't impress me.
wheres that like button ??? :D
What he said.... 8-)

Unless it's two numbers the same on a Spaniard.... ;)
Did you have to do that?

bristolmod
registered user
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:42 am
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:39 pm

well I'm down to my last two now! A 1965 Silver Special (untouched) and an early TV175 S3 from 1962.

TBH I've sized down quite a bit over the last 15 years or so, mainly due to a, dare say it, growing lack of interest in "the scene" (and probably increasing years and other commitments!!).

Having said that this thread did get me thinking about all the bikes I've had since I started in 1968, and I recon I must have had well in excess of 150 plus Lambrettas over the years.

Had numerous S1; S2 and S3's of 125, 150 or 175 capacity. A few TV200's; numerous SX150's; loads of GP150's etc.

However- never had an SX200; a GP200; or any of the "Vega" range- too "modern" IMO!

Love to know what exactly it was that got in my blood way back in '68!!

Chris
Scootering since 1968.

rbgaz
registered user
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:16 pm
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc
Location: braintree lambretta breakfast club
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:58 pm

i have just the 0ne , woudnt want it any other way, i spend all my time and money on her and u can only ride one at a time anyhows , way i see it if u only have one to spend u moneys on u end up with a very nice rideable lammy that becomes part of u , i woudnt sell her even if i was starving

bristolmod
registered user
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:42 am
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:08 pm

rbgaz wrote:i have just the 0ne , woudnt want it any other way, i spend all my time and money on her and u can only ride one at a time anyhows , way i see it if u only have one to spend u moneys on u end up with a very nice rideable lammy that becomes part of u , i woudnt sell her even if i was starving
Good point made! I found that your time and effort (and cash!) got spread too thinly when you had a few bikes, and you could end up with a bunch of mediocre machines, instead of one "good" one. Also I used to lose track of MOT dates etc

Chris
Scootering since 1968.

User avatar
ArmandTanzarian
registered user
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:26 pm
ebay user ID: armand-tanzarian
Location: Kent
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:15 pm

If you can afford it, it's always nice to have a spare. One of them is bound to go wrong at exactly the moment you're about to go somewhere.

I've got an early Jet 200 and my Vespa Six Day Replica-type-thing

I did have a Series 2 as well but it was only ridden once a year to get an MOT and so it had to go.

If I had the cash, I'd get a Rally 200 for long trips. The Six Day is nice and reliable (it did get me to Italy and back after all) but its just a bit too old for that sort of marathon again.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.

User avatar
a.j
registered user
Posts: 911
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:36 pm
Contact:

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:52 pm

SX 205, S2 200 & a GTS, which is hardly a collection, and the latter is my everyday transport.

Hardly bother with the S2 but took a lot of sweat & swearing to build it so not too keen to get rid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest