WHO ARE THE BIG COLLECTORS

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

ducksta wrote:and we wonder why the prices are so high because they is not enough movement of scoots making them a rarity
Oh, that old chestnut. Here we go again. :roll:
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

ducksta wrote:and we wonder why the prices are so high because they is not enough movement of scoots making them a rarity
Do we and is there? :?
Did you have to do that?
Muttley McLadd

They're not all that rare though.. there's loads on ebay.

Prices are, arguably, high because that's the price people are willing to pay. That, and there's more mid-life-crisis-wankers willing to pay a few bucks for the bike they couldn't have when they were young.

To me, the biggest shame is that people are hoarding bikes that they're never going to get around to building. That's their prerogative, but wouldn't it be a good idea to sell a few off and use the money to have one or two 'good' bikes that are ride-able, rather than a dozen projects that are never going to get started, let alone finished. More running bikes has to be a good thing, right?
CakeAndArseParty
ArmandTanzarian

Muttley McLadd wrote:
To me, the biggest shame is that people are hoarding bikes that they're never going to get around to building. That's their prerogative, but wouldn't it be a good idea to sell a few off and use the money to have one or two 'good' bikes that are ride-able, rather than a dozen projects that are never going to get started, let alone finished. More running bikes has to be a good thing, right?

That is a shame. I know a couple of people with sheds and lockups packed full of scoots that have sat there slowly rusting away for years. They're never going to have the money, the time or the inclination to get them going. They'll just sit there gradually decaying until they're kids sell them for scrap when they get packed off to an old people's home or die.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Muttley McLadd wrote: Prices are, arguably, high because that's the price people are willing to pay. That, and there's more mid-life-crisis-wankers willing to pay a few bucks for the bike they couldn't have when they were young.
If it weren't for the mid-life crisis wankers I doubt very much that many of the tuner/dealer/developers would be able to stay in business and produce and develop the goodies that are available today. ;)
Did you have to do that?
Muttley McLadd

DigDug wrote:If it weren't for the mid-life crisis wankers I doubt very much that many of the tuner/dealer/developers would be able to stay in business and produce and develop the goodies that are available today. ;)
Maybe.. but the ones I was thinking of are the ones that are attracted by the 'lifestyle' bolt on tat, rather than quality items.
CakeAndArseParty
ArmandTanzarian

Muttley McLadd wrote:
DigDug wrote:If it weren't for the mid-life crisis wankers I doubt very much that many of the tuner/dealer/developers would be able to stay in business and produce and develop the goodies that are available today. ;)
Maybe.. but the ones I was thinking of are the ones that are attracted by the 'lifestyle' bolt on tat, rather than quality items.

My local dealer does a lot of basic maintenance for people that don't know one end of a spanner from another. That modded up P-Range we all laugh at pays the rent.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
ducksta

Muttley McLadd wrote:
They're not all that rare though.. there's loads on ebay.

Prices are, arguably, high because that's the price people are willing to pay. That, and there's more mid-life-crisis-wankers willing to pay a few bucks for the bike they couldn't have when they were young.

sorry this is what i ment, too many in sheds that will never get on the road, i buy scrappers or without engines etc then enjoy turning it around into a rally going scooter again sell on at my cost only, but thats my take on it.
live life your a long time dead
shamrockexpress

GETTING OFF SUBJECT HERE I WAS ASKING WHATS IN YOUR SHED.........................not what people shouldnt have, just want to know how twisted a hoarder i am compared to the others on here!!!!!!!!!!!!
RICSPEED

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:used to be a poll feature ... dunno if its still on though .. dan will know
Yes bud, polls can still be run??

What you viewing forum on? cant you see the poll option? :?
no in short ... not been feeling to clever resently as you know
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information