WHO ARE THE BIG COLLECTORS

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
shamrockexpress

px in bits, no engine next project

havnt got the space to hoard any more. like 2 scoots on road and a project on the go[/quote]

This seems to me like a normal situation 2 on the go and a project :D
carlos fandango

Someone posted a formula on here a few years ago, for the perfect number of scoots you should own. It was something thing like. ...
X+1 .............x being the number you have already ! :-)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
jazzyb

A good friend of mine as around 40 lambrettas and uses them I av 4 lambrettas and wife thinks I'm crazy :lol:
ArmandTanzarian

TBH I think that a lot of the people who have really large collections have some sort of mental issues. Owning 20 or 30 scoots that you're never going to do anything with makes you no different to Mr Trebus.

Vittorio Tessera has a collection, an old barn packed full of slowly decaying wrecks is a hoard.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
shamrockexpress

surely there must be more 30, 40, and 50 plus scooter collectors out there i thought there may have been 10 or more???
One of the minus points bout having too many scoots is the SORN b@11@x,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its like trying not to forget somebodys birthday as far as i,m concerned this system is a farce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it makes sense you sorn it once and thats it decison made info forwarded on you then have responsibility when the veichle is reused to do the appropiate actions...........easy, but to simple for the public sector :cry:
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Series yin, series 3 both tuned. Rather as buy another one I'm gonna start a heroin habit as it gotta be cheaper :|
ipman

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote:
DigDug wrote:If it weren't for the mid-life crisis wankers I doubt very much that many of the tuner/dealer/developers would be able to stay in business and produce and develop the goodies that are available today. ;)
Maybe.. but the ones I was thinking of are the ones that are attracted by the 'lifestyle' bolt on tat, rather than quality items.

My local dealer does a lot of basic maintenance for people that don't know one end of a spanner from another. That modded up P-Range we all laugh at pays the rent.
very true
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

I have a 1964 Li 125. i love it,and really wish I hadnt taken it to bits last winter,I fear I will miss this summer :cry: :cry:
Dave h
Main scooter: li series 1/heinkel 103a2

Ok here goes. Have had loads over the years. I'am not much into the GP or PX thing and picked up the scooters over the last 25 years or so.

In Ireland

maicoletta 250

Heinkel 102a1(3 speed 4t)

heinkel 103a0 (200cc bubble car motor)

heinkel 103a2(rally weapon of choice)

nsu prilma d

lambretta 150 d

vespa 2l2 (rod)

lambretta J50

lambretta s1 (200)

lambretta s2 tv

lambretta sx 200 (rb 230(

Lambretta li150s

Lambretta J125 bitsa
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I have just two,a series 3 LI and a series 2 LI.When it comes to riding,which ever one I choose I feel like I'm neglecting the other and make a point of taking the other one the next time I go out.God knows what someone with a lot of scooters would do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information