Its going to be a busy winter......

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
carlos fandango

Well ive brought another one, bit of a balls up really !
I was originally after a winter model for a winter project and had an idea of what i wanted to do to it. Then a Lince popped up FB and i had a change of mind, and looked at getting it, problem was it was in Dublin :cry: and didnt have the time to get it, so knocked it on the head.
Then this S1 turned up, after a bit of negotiation id agreed to buy it, and it would be better suited to my original idea for what i wanted to do to a winter m However when i went to pick it up there were quite a few bits missing, so i walked away :cry:
The lince never sold so i contacted the seller, and arranged to buy it, so that was a long day, Brum to Holyhead, walk on ferry to Dublin, half an hour in Dublin, then ride back on to the ferry i'd arrived on, and then in the van at Holyhead and drive back to Brum :D
Then i was contacted by the S1 seller , he'd found all the missing bit , arrrgggh........errrrr........Ok ill have it :oops:

So here it is, the guy who had it was a mechanic, and had given the body panels to an "old school" panel beater, who was a work colleague. The panels and leggies are very straight, the footboards and front muddy are straight, but need a little bit of work. The horn cast is good but the threaded part for the horn grille is snapped and a couple of threads need redoing, but otherwise ok. and the headset is mint. Rear light is missing.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
simon k

Body work looks well straight. What's the plan?
I have a rear light unit w/ one stud broken
Pm if you want it
S
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Nice find Russ :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
chippy

Looks a good starting point, far better than a lot that turn up. Be nice to see it evolve
brianc
Main scooter: lambretta gp

a series 1 winter model !,now that would be different,did you get the lince as well ?
carlos fandango

simon k wrote:Body work looks well straight. What's the plan?
I have a rear light unit w/ one stud broken
Pm if you want it
S
Im not going to need one on this scoot, but if its the short type as opposed to the longer S2 type ? i need one for my other S1 which has the S2 type on it, id have it.
Thanks
Russ
brianc wrote:a series 1 winter model !,now that would be different,did you get the lince as well ?
There are a few S1/winters about ;) yes got the lince as well :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
brianc

ive never seen a winter model series 1,need to do a picture search.
carlos fandango

I didnt mean a factory one, rather an S1 thats been winterised ...lol http://www.lambretta-images.com/albums/ ... CN0045.jpg
brianc

yes I know no ser 1 winter models were factory made,just never seen one,had a look at some pictures,they do look good.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

Nice very nice!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information