Its going to be a busy winter......

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
carlos fandango

Ok, this has been on hold for a month or so.
The main reason is because i have another S1, non frame breather, i decided to reframe that for this FB one, as i need to do a few little frame mods. and didnt want ot do it to a FB frame. ive also wanted to add another splash of colour to it and this had given me the opportunity. It was also booked in for the Classic motor show at the NEC on the Awfully Pleasant stand, so i had to wait untill that finished. :)

I sprayed the FB frame and a replacement kickstart side panel in preparation :D i also put some vents in the panels :)

So back on topic........its going to be an even busier winter.........Bare metal jacket :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
carlos fandango

^^ Bare metal jacket was a hint :D

Well its been quite a while since ive had time to work on this , and winter has turned into spring ! Ive had a few "spare" days over the last month or so, and ive managed to crack on a bit with the bodywork.
This is the mock up of the look i wanted

I also had an idea for a paint job that i certainly had never seen before, basically patterns linished into the metal and then clear coated. Thats going to look fantasic and i thought i had "invented" a new finish. 8-) So after a bit of research, i discovered id been beaten to it :oops: lol which then introduced the idea of a colour (candy ) over the top .
So long story short , this is where i am at the moment :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Wow, loving the paint :D
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

that looks really good, the bare metal bits are clever, i like the turning mudguard.
Mike - - Bristol
Main scooter: Silver Special 195

Loving it so far. Brilliant idea , look forward to seeing more pics.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Lovely paint Russ
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
eden
Dealer

Ive said before Russ........... that is going to be something special when you have finished it. :) nice addition to the stable!
soullad
Dealer

quality Russ, gonna be a stunner, is this yer Davos ride?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

eden wrote:Ive said before Russ........... that is going to be something special when you have finished it. :) nice addition to the stable!
Just as long as he pays as much care and attention to the Lynx Resto too :-)

Looking VERY cool, russ
eden
Dealer

tbh, he will be riding his Spanish RB240 I recon because he will be to scared to damage the s1 when its done :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information