my first ever scooter build. cagiva mito 125 engine

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

well I have working clutch, gear linkage setup is finished and works, may need to tweak it during final build, but just a matter of cable tension, I tried it all nice and taut but it didnt work as well, introduced some slack UURRGHHH as an engineer that really hurts LOL, and it worked better.

steering lockstops will be finished tonight, legshield mounts just need tweaking, pain in the arse this job, but needs to be done.

I reckon next weekend it will be tear it apart time ready for all the lil jobs that need tidying, final welding etc etc, already spoken with powdercoaters, damn thats gone up in price

got the engine running better now, but Im going to just take it up to shiney red tuning for a dyno setup once its finished
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Loving this build, fab, keep the detail and pics coming. Your enthusiasm, especially as first scooter, is superb, luvin it. You obviously know your onions
T5-190

Tony this is turning out amazing mate, keep it up and the pictures coming.
scooterslag

Looking good tony, be cool to see it tear-arsing down the link road annoying blokes in their BMW'S and Audi's ;) Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
tonydevon

cheers guys, really nice of you to say pleasant things LOL

today I found a guy on facebook thats doing vinyl decals really cheap, within seconds he sent me a proof copy of the Lamgiva logo in carbon effect, in the lambretta font, looks really smart

going to send him a sheet of that 3m dinoc and get him to cut from that.

theres some videos of it on my bike engined scooters facebook page

might try and get a burnout video filmed this weekend LOL

I have worked out the speedo now, really excited about that as it should look very tidy and to the passerby it will look stock.

just ordering the custom made brake hoses, anyone care to guess what colour LOL

had a bit of a count up and rather nervously realised that I now have about £970 in this project build, speedo I want is £100, powdercoat is £250, vinyl and last few bits probably about 50, so will owe me about £1400 all done :( oooops so much for a budget build LOL
sharkman

tonydevon wrote: had a bit of a count up and rather nervously realised that I now have about £970 in this project build, speedo I want is £100, powdercoat is £250, vinyl and last few bits probably about 50, so will owe me about £1400 all done :( oooops so much for a budget build LOL
Ask anyone that has had Frank Sanderson do a bike engined lambretta how much they paid and you may still consider it a budget build :D And that's without your custom tweaks. Looking forward to seeing the finished article
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Lol £1400 is bloody good mate, best not to add it all up its scary, I added bits on my GP over a few years and spent that amount each year for a few years it soon goes lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Lambrettatastic

I will give you £1500 for it!
tonydevon

Woohooo im potentially in profit already :)
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Andy Pickering wrote:Lol £1400 is bloody good mate, best not to add it all up its scary, I added bits on my GP over a few years and spent that amount each year for a few years it soon goes lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
+1 on that but FFS don't tell the missus, collecting the bits for my avanti motor has cost more than that
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information