my first ever scooter build. cagiva mito 125 engine

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Diablo
Dealer

Very impressive.
I was only thinking the other day why don't more people use taper bearings when scratch building a scoot.
Can't wait for more posts.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

thanks, seemed rude not to :)

the swingarm is pivotted on polybishes with stainless crushtube, the engine is very smooth running anyway, but this should mean that the scooter is quite vibration free, have to wait and see.
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
tonydevon

one carbon/kevlar? endcan, original cagiva item, came apart easy and the wadding inside is pretty clean, hopefuly this is a good indication as the lowish miles the engine was claimed to have done

its just lost 140mm in length, will get it reassembled and new pics tonight

ideal really as it gave me the opportunity to get ride of the section that is discoloured due to the exhaust clamp being around it, will play with the offcut and see what I can do to maybe bring the colour back.

Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

Love it keep the pics commin 8-)
bikegunn
Main scooter: vespa smallframe

Loving this ..
tonydevon

well, the grand amount of naff all done recently LOL, weekend was a nightmare, wife is nurse/carer and was on call, phone going at ridiculous hours, then the monitored alarm at my place goes off and I have to go and sort that, not nice in the dark on deserted industrial estate :(

all I did do was have a tidy up of the garage, can now at least get around in there, and I finished off the silencer

before, about 360mm long, 2 dodgy fixing studs and 2 sheared ones

after, now 190mm long (the kevlar section) and with 4 nice secure fixings.

lacking motivation and funds at the moment, going to give myself a kick up the arse and try to get something else done to it this week
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Lack of funds I can empathise with, but for motivation, how about all of us just waiting to see the next post on this fantastic home build!
Think it looks fantastic so far. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Minority on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonydevon

LOL thanks, its proper budget build, as is everything I build, bikes trikes and even a car.

lots of little jobs are done or already worked out, HID headlight works a real treat, and with the bike electrics being decent at least I dont have to worry about lighting etc too much.

I work long hours as does my wife, we tend to cross like ships in the night, handing our daughter to each other LOL, so only get a few hours a week to work in the garage, add to this the fact that my garage is under someone elses house and things get complicated.

currently trying to sell my GP125 to allow me to fund a few things I would really like for this, but no joy.
tonydevon

well its kind of sad as I sold the GP last night, wont be paid or handing it over till woolacombe, but reckon the wife will lend me some money till then :) LOL, fix car/tax car and buy a few lil bits that I wanted for this build

bitubo shocks for the front, side stand, and some billet for brake caliper carriers and also hopefully have enough left to pay for it to be painted how I want it.

hopefully this weekend I will get started on the legshield cutout, mount the radiator and start on cardboard templates for sheet metal to create the ducting from leggies to rad, dont want to lose any air :)

reckon my mate might lose his plasma cutter for an afternoon, other wise its good ol fashioned, marking out, holesaws for corners, 1mm cutting discs to join the corners, and gentle tidying to try and make them match.
tonydevon

hid headlight, not really focussed but if aimed lower it might work ok.

I found that you could drastically alter the patter/beam if you can call it that, by moving the bulb in and out of the unit, as well as its rotation.

been looking at local breakers yards to try and find any reflector units that I can modify to experiement with.

this pic was in pitch black, the wall is 20m away froim the headlight, that was just sat on top of a car battery :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information