1977 Jet200 ocre. Original paint

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Supereibar

My first scooter was an Li125 SIII bought of a hairdresser in Brooklynn, New York. That scooter is worth forgetting. Sweet ride, but nothing special. Now my second Lambretta.. Now, that is something worth remembering. I had it for only a year and it was the most stunning scoot I have probably owned. It was a 1973 original ocre Jet200. I am not going to post the picture but actually, if you search "Jet200 Jaime" in goole, my picture appears sitting on it, on the Racing Lambrettas web site. I moved back to Europe so I had to get rid off the scooter (they wanted 1000USD just to move it back to Europe and I thought that promoting scootering in the USA was a better idea). So there it stayed.

Already in Barcelona, years would pass, and every time I would see a restored Jet it would simply not do anything for me or I wouldn't think much of it. Last year thou, I stumbled with this:
Got it cheap locally, and fell in love with it automatically. I tried to document it but it was impossible. I contact the owner (believe it or not our bureocrazy is like that, it doesn't matter if a vehicle is clearly abandoned, you will bring it with you six feet under!!) but he told me to p155 off. So I sold the frame and some other ocre bitza to our forum friend Andy, who has just sold the scooter to someone else to enjoy it. I did kept the bodywork as I happened to locate another frame in Mallorca which was in excellent condition:

I was actively looking for a pair of sidepanels. But no joy. In the meantime I was dealing with a local former dealer for other Lambretta spares, and one day, he told me that he had "finally located a set of sidepannels to finish his nephew's lambretta", but he needed more spares to finish other project he had in mind. These were the sidepannels that he had laying around and he intended to repaint:
I traded them for a set of smallblock silentblocks and an engine rebuild 8-)
I found a tail lamp locally as well for about 30,00€, and a gray headset of a Lambretta Special for dirt cheap.

I now needed to work on the non salvable bodywork such as the legshields which were completely rotten away. The repair was ugly but its all I could do to preserve as much original paint as possible.

So once I had all the body work propperly welded, I took it to get laquered at a friends:

And then I started to build it up with what I had laying around the workshop:
The pannel flashes were both a kind present from Dimitrios from Greece and Mr. Powell from Bristol AKA "bristolmod". Thanks again to both of them!

Legshield badges were set in honour to Mostajo, who "traded" the sidepannels and the NOS lightswitch that is on the bike right now:

Homage to the legendary song of a legendary band from England was used to cover the plain polished headset:

"Always EIBAR" and the year of the first produced scooter on the bottom with city cross in the middle. Painted by myself of course... :lol:

I had a disc brake saved for an occasion so I installed it on this bike. I also borroed the engine from another one of my scooters as I didn't have any money for more and I needed to get it in the road to register it under my name. The final result, waiting for the original Giuliari S.P.A that rests at a friends house in Derbyshire at the moment:

She is not the prettiest girl in the party, but sure as s**t she does look like she has had her share of fun doesn't she?

;)

J.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Nice!
carlos fandango

Nice Ratbretta ;)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Great Thread :D just how i like them :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Ihateyoubutler

Lovely that J. Would love to have a ride on that around Barcelona.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Jaime, I love this. Well done in keeping the paintwork. Pity mine's too far gone for that.

I've seen Mostajo stickers before on Spanish lambrettas. Are they still trading then?

Paul
theageofindustry
Dealer
Main scooter: 74 Vijai Super

Great scoot for sure, well done.
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

I like it very nice well done mate... 8-)
Supereibar

Thank you all for your comments!! ;)
Supereibar

Just fitted a "new" original seat to my Jet. I thought I would share it with you :D What do you guys think?

Best,

J.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information