So I got carried away....cutdown build.

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

Looking good mate keep the photos coming...
Watson76
Main scooter: Lambretta GP, cutdown project

wack 63 wrote:Are you taking inspiration from the pics on the wall ;)
That's yours then I'm guessing ;) yes mate, its real nice...think its in my top favourites if I'm honest!
A lot of trick bits that I'm loving on it!
MADSPEEDRB260 wrote:Looking good mate keep the photos coming...
Cheers madspeed, will be more pics coming once she returns from the welders!
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

Excellent... 8-)
Watson76

Right so sent it to the welders 3 weeks ago to get the side panels welded to the loop and a few extra plates welding for the removable loop (ditched the hinged idea).
It came back bloody wrong :shock: ....so you know as they say, if you want a job doing properly....do it (badly) yourself haha :D !!!!!

Oh and I wanted some advise, want to seal up the tool box door....will a arc welder blow through the loop if I try doing it with mine? Or should it be okay if I turn it down.

Here's the bracket that I had to reweld, not a big job but watched a few tutorials on YouTube before hand :lol:

So that out the way here's the loop

Started filling the gaps with filler

Got myself some goodies GP drops and a r1 rear shock that needs converting

Here is how she stands at the minute

Frame tube will hopefully be ready for the powdercoaters in the week along with the forks n hubs, so hopefully have a rolling frame before long.

Long way to go still yes, but since I broke my foot last week I've given myself a bit more time to get crackin' ;)
duncan1958
Main scooter: lambretta series two li 150

looking good cant wait to get cracking on mine any day now
Watson76

duncan1958 wrote:looking good cant wait to get cracking on mine any day now
Should I look forward to seeing another cutdown thread then Duncan :mrgreen: ?
niz
Main scooter: Sx200...Iataljet Dragster

Very nice , great work....... 8-)
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,looking good so far.if I could give some advise with the welding of the side panels to the frame,I'd of seamed welded these continuously as you may eventually get cracks appearing in the filler work due to vibration or corrosion due moisture getting between the seams unless its sealed up between the welds underneath.

Dean
RICSPEED

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:Hi,looking good so far.if I could give some advise with the welding of the side panels to the frame,I'd of seamed welded these continuously as you may eventually get cracks appearing in the filler work due to vibration or corrosion due moisture getting between the seams unless its sealed up between the welds underneath.

Dean
have to say i agree .. or possibly even lead loading to prevent cracking
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Watson76

So it's been a while. I've moved house and not been able to touch it in around 10months due to lack of cash and no where to keep it, but I've just knocked myself up a little workshop...so let the project commence!

Since last posting I've had the frame, forks, hubs and headset bottom powdercoated a sort of gunmetal grey chrome. Nice in the flesh!
So once I got those back I got to work and routed the cables and wire through the frame (what a f*** about that is :lol: ). It was like bloody key hole surgery with the mrs passing me tools as I requested them haha but they are all in place now!

Next on the list was to get it rolling again so it's easier to lug about so here's how it looked.

Still a lot to do as you can see :| , but got my r1 shock converted by lambretta upgrades (looks great on) and bought some rear sets next..

Started making sure all the panel work still lined up before I think about paint so did a semi dry build, which got me all exited seeing something that now resembles a scooter but plenty more to do yet :P .

Got a list of things to buy but that will have to wait until I've saved up a bit more, got stuff to keep me busy till then. Mudguards to shape is next on my list.

Hopefully will keep this updated more now :D .

Cheers for looking
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information