36 BHP rusty nail.

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

You could get another scooter in there. :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
ducatiross

wax wrote:People seem to be in one of two camps with regard to the scooter appearance. They either love it, or are just perplexed as to why I don’t restore it. Personally, I think it would loose its charter and probably just get pinched.
Wax - I absolutely LOVE it - 'Rustoration' is the thing these days in all scenes, and I'm all for No Show and ALL GO !!! It must be an absolute hoot.

Well done !

Matthew
wax

Thanks Matt. I used to be into the VW scene too. There are plenty of rusty looking campers with stupidly fast engines in the back. If i had the garage space..............and a lottery win................. :ninja:
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
fajes

love it!
my two rusty nails, both '66.
wine for my men, we ride at dawn!
wax

Lovely pair my friend. As nature intended............ :)
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
turbovan

Hi would like some info on engine . :mrgreen:
wax

The original engine was built by Jerry at Readspeed. It was heavily welded around the transfers on the case and barrel. the barrel was bored out by 1mm and it has a 60mm crank to make it 237cc. I wrecked the original piston on the way to IoW last year and so decided to get it redone at JB tuning. John at JB said that the ports were more or less satndard and it had lots of scope for a tune up. He spent a day porting the barrel, added V-force reeds, an Augusto retard box, a lightened fly wheel and set it up on the dyno.
wax

I fitted a pacemaker gearbox after JB had finished the tune up. The GP200 box that readspeed installed had a rearly tall fourth gear. On slight inclines i kept having to change down to third to keep above 70mph. Only on slight declines did the engine get into its powerband and get upto the 95 mph top speed. I reduces the front sprocket for 19 to 17 teeth.The top speed was only reduced to 90 mph, but the acceleration through gears is amazing :D Who really needs over 90 mph on 10" wheels? Only a complete nutter.
I did not really understand the impact gearing had, but i have just got my grubby mitts on another pacemaker box for my RB engine, i am that impressed with the difference.
JB fitted a BMG stator and a Franspeed RB exhaust, that has been modified to suit the TS1 barrel. The result is an amazing engine, i just hope that it will last a few rallies and not tare inself apart. All the components must be pretty much on the edge.
I do intend to get the gearbox cryo frozen over the winter and i would like to fit a Camb Lam power jet, so that i can richen the mixture on dual carriage ways etc.
turbovan

Hi was having a water cooled ts1 now having a rb instead hope to get plenty of power out of it mate. :D
Wayne Miller
Main scooter: Vespa 50 Special (Rotax Proto)

Love the scoot and the motor sound luuuuuuurvly :twisted:

I love the idea of a 'Rusty Nail'
Heres another one that our freinds in Germany have come up with, One of my fave scoots around at the moment................Fookin Awesome :twisted:

Love the moody picture

Stay tuned..............
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information