My new project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
carlos fandango

G. lol... im not a footy fan :)
Clyde. Ill have to have a look for some of that tinter .thanks
Markauk . Good work :) some solutions come from the strangest places :D

Well ive Finally got the engine together, which gave me one problem after another :( but its sorted now and in :D

But now the exhaust is giving me problems arrrggh :(
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

What's up with the pipe Russ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Loadsa neat bits on this; i like; have you wired da indicators to work as hazard as well? Cud be useful; What's the exzorst that's causin ya grief and why,

muppet,
C’est la vie
carlos fandango

The problem with the pipe is , theres only about 10mm between it and the outrigger, and thats with out the nut for the runners :( its hitting the outrigger with still another 10mm to go before the bump stop hits the frame :?
Ill ring the supplier tomorrow and have another play with it.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Muppet

can ya spin ya barrel a little on the studs anti clock ways as ya look at ya cylinder head from front of bike it'll twist y zorst stub an pipe away from y bords a few mill? It'd have y undo yer head nuts to spin it but what else can y do
muppet,
C’est la vie
carlos fandango

Its an idea, but the bracket would restrict it ? ill have another look at it tomorrow.
Muppet

Is it the body or rear of y runna bore catchin on the back cone an stinga? Wot zorst is it?
C’est la vie
carlos fandango

Muppet wrote:Is it the body or rear of y runna bore catchin on the back cone an stinga? Wot zorst is it?
Its a Franspeed super tourer.
I put the rear and main bracket on loosely, fitted the body into the stub and put a spring on the stub to hold it on.
The rear bobbin was 5mm to high to get the bolt through the the hole in the rear bracket. The stinger rear cone had a 10mm gap between it and the rear floor board hanger (without a nut to hold the foot board on) with the shocker off, the hanger hit the pipe with still 15mm to go before the bump stop hit ? Bear in mind this is with just a spring holding the pipe on no bolts yet.

So after a call to Mr F,....... i learnt a few things.... "They have sold thirty with no issues"...."they are made and fitted to a test engine"...."an engine shouldnt hit the bump stop while riding ,so its ok and normal for the pipe to hit the frame first"...".i must have fitted it wrong"....."If im not happy i can send it back for a refund".
Hmmm so i must have fitted the spring wrong then ??? so it was going back......then after having a think, and as i didnt really want to send it back, as id be back to no pipe and time ticking by :( i came up with an idea how to "adjust" it to get it fitting better.
Its now on and with 20mm under the hanger, still not quite how id like it but alot better than what it was. :D
carlos fandango

Right, got the pipe on :) then...... i go to fit the end can, simple job ? take the three nylocs and washers off the three bolts on the end can. The gasket is already on so pop it on through three holes then put the washers on and try the nuts :? they wont start on the threads as the (captive) bolts arnt long enough FFS :roll:
End cans are quite heavy, and can cause quite abit of damage when thrown in anger :shock: ...................Im quite a patient person.... so i resisted the temptation and when and put the Kettle on and had a brew :) ten minutes later i went back in and had another look. The washers were thick ones so i swapped them for some thin s/steel ones this gave enough threads to get the nuts on, and take up any slack, and compress the gasket a little. So ive got the three nuts on but the bolts are only just touching the nylon of the nuts :?

I also managed to start her up today for the first time :D just a few jobs left to do and wait for my seat to come back from the trimmers :D
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Looking good that mate 8-) I like the way the black
looks blue/black.....Is that your Euro steed ? G.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information