My Li225 Special

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Latest new toy fitted to the Lammy. I hope it improves the fuel consumption and slow speed around town running!

Minority

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday, happy birthday
Happy birthday to me! :D

Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Minority wrote:Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday, happy birthday
Happy birthday to me! :D

Happy Birthday :D Lucky sod :twisted: :lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Minority

The Lamy's been running really well for the past year - so I thought I'd stuff that up by reed valving it :lol:
We'll see how it is when I get the engine back in!

dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Minority wrote:Latest new toy fitted to the Lammy. I hope it improves the fuel consumption and slow speed around town running!

I'd change that plastic float bowl straight away, as they distort after a while due to additives in petrol. I got an ally one off Martin (Corrado) at Just Lambretta. Dremel off the float stops in the bottom of the float bowl to prevent fuel starvation ;)
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Minority

dapper wrote:
I'd change that plastic float bowl straight away, as they distort after a while due to additives in petrol. I got an ally one off Martin (Corrado) at Just Lambretta. Dremel off the float stops in the bottom of the float bowl to prevent fuel starvation ;)
So far it seems to be holding up OK (there, now I've cursed it :roll: ), but I've got an Alloy one just in case :D
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Which reed block is that? Looks quite neat, did you have to do much to get it to fit, fettle fins, holes in piston etc?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Minority

rosscla wrote:Which reed block is that? Looks quite neat, did you have to do much to get it to fit, fettle fins, holes in piston etc?
It's the MB shorty and I think it's a nice bit of kit. You do have to do a bit of work to get it to fit ( well described on the MB tech website), but it looks like it will have good panel clearance for a filter. In addition to grinding the fins and the cowling (mandatory to get it to fit), I modified the piston (it's a mitaka from Ron Moss so I basically copied the pics of the TS1 version on his website), cut a boost port (the ring pegs of the Mitaka piston seemed very well suited to do this),
matched and flowed the new reed manifold and raised the exhaust port to give a longer exhaust duration.

Engine in scooter now:

Only given it a kickover to see it starts so far, initial impression - tickover much smoother with no adjustments!
Minority

New exhaust fitted :D

I like it!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Minority wrote:Confucius say "not all that is lightened is light"

Here's a pic of my new (with additional lightening by myself!) Atomic 47 tooth crownwheel from ScootRS, described as "lightened".
The standard SIL 47 tooth weighs in at 712g, the ScootRS Atomic even after my additional lightening ( I reckon I removed at least 30-40g) is 787g.
Still, it has fixed "the wobbles" (my original reason for replacing the SIL) and allows more room for extra plates or more movement with the standard setup to eliminate clutch drag.

Could you explain,what is the benefit of having a lightened clutch basket.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information