A pair of yellow ochre Scomadi's

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
frank sanderson
Dealer

Both ready for pickup !

Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

Nice!!!!!!!
hungdog

Mmmmmmmmmmmm very nice :mrgreen:
Daz Kane
Main scooter: SS90 Falc 138

I have kept a very keen interest in 'red's' Scomadi ever since he did the articles in Classic Scooterist Scene,and know all the problems he's had with his, not just mechanical but warranty and servicing, so for me its still -
Over rated, Over priced,- you could buy two new vespa's for the same money!

Sorry just my opinion :fb:
joespeed

Daz Kane wrote:I have kept a very keen interest in 'red's' Scomadi ever since he did the articles in Classic Scooterist Scene,and know all the problems he's had with his, not just mechanical but warranty and servicing, so for me its still -
Over rated, Over priced,- you could buy two new vespa's for the same money!

Sorry just my opinion :fb:
you could have ten vespa's gold plated and still only have half the scooter of a lambretta!!!!!!!!!
coaster

Daz Kane wrote:I have kept a very keen interest in 'red's' Scomadi ever since he did the articles in Classic Scooterist Scene,and know all the problems he's had with his, not just mechanical but warranty and servicing, so for me its still - Over rated, Over priced,- you could buy two new vespa's for the same money! Sorry just my opinion :fb:

It's the price you pay for having something different. Low volume hand build scoots are always going to be way more expensive and less reliable due to not having access to the long destructive testing regimes of Piaggio. The GTS is a good scoot (I know, I have one) but to compare the Scomadi with one is like comparing a Lotus Elise to an MX5.

Just my Opnion ;)
frank sanderson
Dealer

With regards to warranty and servicing on Reds Scomadi any problems that may have occurred during the 12 mth unlimited milage warranty period (same as vespa offer on the GTS range)were attended to .Any other issues that may have occured are well documented on this website and in his reports in scooterist scene and rev & go magasines and are easily accesible .Red volounteered to road test his scooter for the magasine articles and his feedback has been used to further develop the Scomadi Scooter .
Daz Kane
Main scooter: SS90 Falc 138

I wouldn't call Red's articles a road test, as alot of his actual findings were edited out, and that you do know. I'm pleased to here the feedback has improved the development.
i wasn't trying to compare it with anything else, It's a scomadi, not a vespa , not a lambretta, but a lambretta look-a-like with a vespa auto engine, probably the best of both in today's market.
But still over priced.
shocky

Daz Kane wrote:I wouldn't call Red's articles a road test, as alot of his actual findings were edited out, and that you do know. I'm pleased to here the feedback has improved the development.
i wasn't trying to compare it with anything else, It's a scomadi, not a vespa , not a lambretta, but a lambretta look-a-like with a vespa auto engine, probably the best of both in today's market.
But still over priced.
out of interest to get a geared scooter tuned sprayed and hand built by any of the 5 or so "top" uk builders would cost as much or even more than one of these i do agree its neither fish nor foul nice scoots but im still not sure of the looks on the stand
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

They look stunning in yellow ochre...2 beauts.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information