Barn Find Vespa

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
vegansydney

Make sure you get he right type of PK forks as there are a few different sizes. For a Sprint/Rally/Super/GTR you need PK XL2 forks, uncertain about Douglas models. Fork specs and details on the conversion can be found on here: http://www.vespa-t5.org/mechanik/pk-gabel-in-oldie/
wax

Great. Can you post a few more pictures of this or any similar vespas Bofs (or anyone else for that matter), it look great! I need a bit of inspiration........
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=14461

German ebay is best and by far cheapest for the pk forks....search for "Vespa PK Gabel"

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40 ... Categories
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
wax

Apparently, the geezer who i had the scooter from, thinks he might have the VIN plate in a box of bits. He swears he kept it when it 'fell off'. Fingers crossed. I am off to search through a garage full of crap tomorrow...........
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Juan

The pic that Bofs has provided still looks like it sits high on the front end. LTH, and maybe others, do a "dropped" bracket for the PK fork to bring things back closer into line.
wax

Do you have a link to this dropped fork thingie Juan?
wax

I found the missing vin plate today! It matches the engine number and the part thats still on the frame too. I dont know whether to rivet it back on or leave it for the new owner, whoever that may be?
rondon
Main scooter: autovespa

Juan wrote:Douglas chassis and engine numbers were the same so if it's the origonal motor then that'll get you the frame number.
is this the same with all Douglas chassis? ie early px etc
Holly s**t it's got teh rust
wax

The vin plate was at the bottom of a pile of parts that came with the scooter. The question is, do i drill the rivet on the bit thats still on the frame, then paint the frame and re-attatche both parts? Will the DVLA get suspicious if its been re attached and is in two bits?
Juan

rondon wrote: is this the same with all Douglas chassis? ie early px etc

http://www.veteranvespaclub.com/1008.html

I'd make a new plate personally and mount the old one on a piece of card or something incase of any questions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information