The V1

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Supereibar

This was our first 6 hour enduro racer. soullad and I sort of build this scooter longdistance with loads of ideas put down to paper, as to how we could best represent the Lambretta spirit amongs 40 raging unforgiving vespas. We came up with the initial crazy idea of fitting a Lambro handlebar into a Series 2 frame... Actually that was Ian's idea.. and we came up with a racing colour scheme. The beauty of the project again was that it was all done and thought about with time and miles of distance in between to Lambretta enthusiasts. As a joke we called it the V1 (yes one of those crazy german flying bombs.. in a vespa dominated country the name was very suiting, as in german v standed for vergeltungswaffe "retaliation weapon") so the name stayed and even moved on to the following projects.. V1.5, V2 etc...
After two enduro races this first project moved on to ther more powerful machines and the frame, the forks and the odd Lambro headset was left. Two years after I still had the bug in my ear for bringing this scooter to the street. It was not until this summer, where my economic situation has really touched the rocks and was left with just my shop to run, when I decided to bring her back to life with what I had in the shop. The idea was to not touch the frame other than trimming the interior and doing some security welding on the mounts etc:

My friend tony o'brien was here on a visit with his missus and he showed me to fit an engine to a frame in a matter of 10 seconds.. He did it on his own and he even took the engine out again to show me: "you see? its easy"... The cheeky git!!

The powdercoating was done rather cheap by a local friend who tried to match the original white as best as he could. The electricals I tied up myself and it was the thing that I placed most attention to in the rebuild (other than the engine that I had done throughout the year on my spare time)

Yes I know its the most posh workshop you've ever seen...

Thats a new old stock rear shocker that I found localy:

The high position of the lambro handlebars didnt leave much choice on the cable routing. Trust me it was a bit mad to find a correct fit... The engine is an original Spanish series II engine, with correct gearbox. Top end is a Guy Topper Engineering SR190 mild road tune with prepaired RD400 con rod & sil crank. I centralised the head and put the engine together myself.

Meanwhile I had been sanding and prepping all the parts for paint. It took me and a friend about 2 months to do the paint of the main body work. This is the first time that I can say I am responsible for practically 90% of the work done on the scooter :D

This is my mate Patxi unveiling the shed where we had painted the clearcoat the night before. He was laughing cause I mentioned it was like Christmas morning awaiting for the presents..
The work came pretty ok for being a novice I think... Quite a bit of a gimmik here, I did it with a paint brush, old school :D

Attention to detail is something that I like.. so I made my own badges out of aluminium:
Located the aluminium pins, sanded, drilled and fitted:

It doesnt look that bad does it?
Before:

After:

Big thanks to: Patxi, Guy, Juan Antonio, the boys down at Tecnosoldadura, Tony and all the people who has helped me with ideas for it.
Last edited by Supereibar on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICSPEED

looks good jaime and thanks for taking the time to post all that ,much appreciated :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I like that Jaime. It looks like fun.
T5-190

Love it.
coaster

Supereibar wrote:Yes I know its the most posh workshop you've ever seen...
It sure beats the back of the van you were working in Gijon last year Jaimie ;) Looks good 8-)
Supereibar

Many thanks to all of you for the kind comments, they are greatly appreciated after all the work.. Here are some more pics from today:

Stokie

What happened to the original Harry Barlow motor ?
Supereibar

Stokie wrote:What happened to the original Harry Barlow motor ?
Its in Mallorca, on the other racer frame that we fitted for the third race back in 2010. I sold the complete scooter with Barlow motor & Guy Topper exhaust to my mates last summer. In fact I offered the whole scooter here for 1000GBP and I got absolutely no interest for it :shock:
battlam
Main scooter: Lambretta gp

I love the one next to it too! always liked that bike. To me its worth more than a restored Series 1. You cant buy that 'look' and you can't buy history.

Would love to pick up an unrestored (yet usable) series 1 or 2 over the winter.

Few on ebay, but i'm not in a position to buy yet. You doing I.O.W on it this year??
Supereibar

Cheers mate! Yes thats my daily beater. I like it too :D :D Its ugly, lived & very reliable. Standard GP150 engine. Nothing more, nothing less. It is what it is.
As far as the I.O.W that was a once in a lifetime thing for me. I just HAD TO do it, since everybody said it was all that. Didnt make much of it thou, awful weather to camp and my mates arrived and didnt scoot at all. Just pretty much stayed at the campsite the whole time. I would roast in the morning and freeze to death at night. It was a very very expensive trip for me I dont think I'll be doing that one at least for a long long time. Who knows maybe in the distant future :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information