my 90SS's

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

tony wrote:.. Martin (knowledge) challenged me to a burn up(how 70's is that!) a while back....
I don't quite remember being so stupid as to throw down a challenge, but perhaps my tongue was in my cheek at the time. As you know, Will and I are mere Johnny-come-lately chancers to the world of small frame tuning compared to you. Mind you, on Wednesday night I was on the road with Mark Watts and his son Lloyd (orange custom small frame from Scootering last autumn), and that scooter really shifts. It now features a Malossi 135 and a V-force reed welded to the casings, and I'm very pleased with the work we did (as is Lloyd). It still pulls the original 4th gear, which is always nice.

BTW, did you see your red SS90 in a recent issue of Classic scooterist scene?
Martin
wax

3 90ss's Man, you is lucky lucky! I love a souped up small frame: That floats my boat, and bongs my gong! I seen you on the green one at Mallory, giving charlie a run for his money........Good stuff!
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Juan

Tony, that sounds like my mate Euan's Husqvarna chainsaw with perhaps a few more CC's. :mrgreen:
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Knowledge wrote:
tony wrote:.. Martin (knowledge) challenged me to a burn up(how 70's is that!) a while back....
I don't quite remember being so stupid as to throw down a challenge, but perhaps my tongue was in my cheek at the time. As you know, Will and I are mere Johnny-come-lately chancers to the world of small frame tuning compared to you. Mind you, on Wednesday night I was on the road with Mark Watts and his son Lloyd (orange custom small frame from Scootering last autumn), and that scooter really shifts. It now features a Malossi 135 and a V-force reed welded to the casings, and I'm very pleased with the work we did (as is Lloyd). It still pulls the original 4th gear, which is always nice.

BTW, did you see your red SS90 in a recent issue of Classic scooterist scene?
Oh I dunno Martin, the gauntlet was tongue in cheek thrown! Yes I saw the scooter. I helped Paul a little with the article. Just done a couple of reed 130 malossi's.. One is is France (rally)at mo.. hope the crap fuel dont hurt it! I do need to get my road bike done. Racer is ready to go with improvements since mallory :twisted:
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
tony

wax wrote:3 90ss's Man, you is lucky lucky! I love a souped up small frame: That floats my boat, and bongs my gong! I seen you on the green one at Mallory, giving charlie a run for his money........Good stuff!
thanks wax.. i couldnt catch him, but we did have a slight power issue that day. Its sorted now! Still got fastest lap there. Not bad for a smallframe considering the msc cooler was out and Charlie's own monster. Btw its two 90ss's. The yellow one is the green one repainted for its association with Performace Tuning. I wouldnt mind another tho! ;)
tony

Juan wrote:Tony, that sounds like my mate Euan's Husqvarna chainsaw with perhaps a few more CC's. :mrgreen:

Hee.. new motor on the cards mate.. it will have a charlie edmonds exhaust this time.. will be late this year tho I reckon as he's too busy. we'll see!
tony

Older pic of dummy tank.. speedo now has shift light as well.
Egt and revcounter with head temp.
Supereibar

byron wrote:I've never owned a vespa, and perhaps never will, but I think that they are both spot on, the road one particularly. Just the right combination of classic lines and sporty looks.
Someone just took my word. Hats off.
tony

Thanks very much mister! :)
tony

err.. update :cry:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information