my 90SS's

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Well the shootout was a top weekend.. I learnt that maybe I should fit a lower first gear for sprinting rather than use my race gearbox! However.. a good result from the event I entered.

Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Wayne Miller
Main scooter: Vespa 50 Special (Rotax Proto)

tony wrote:Image
:baddevil:

Im lovin that Tony 8-)
Stay tuned..............
tony

cheers :)

a couple from Lee Hollick

And also from Lee... some of Martin Murray

tony

This is martin's 'works Falc' sprint bike. The motor was tuned and built by Lauro Caforio himself and is a one off sprint motor built for the UK sprint scene.
Its 56mm stroke in comparison to the original 51 of a primavera.
I rebuilt it for this season with some uprated internals.

Martin being slightly mad decides to drag it up a side road...he has to slip the clutch to stop it flipping him off the back :)

Looking forward to seeing this out this year here and there.
Tom Russell

OMG, I know it's only a short drag up that side street, but that 'works Falc' sprint scoot looks amazingly fast!!!!! :o :shock:

Can't wait to see it go up the drag strip :D
Scooterged
Main scooter: Lambretta gp

Hi Lads
Heres one to sicken you in 1970 my Father had a Red SS90 he could not sell for love nor money Price was £20 (True).

In the village where we lived, today there is a lady who has a Blue SS90 in the front room the scooter belonged to her father, he came from Malta, and sorry i cannot tell you where it is, the pictures were shown to me yesterday and she will not sell anyway. :(
tony

ha... there are always stories about rare scoots eh?
My green one has a story to it... I paid £240 for it in about 1986 or 87.
I was looking for a 90ss to go racing on. At Aintree race meet in 85 or 86 I met a guy called John who was a friend of Norrie's. He promised to keep an eye out for me... About 10 months later I got a call.. he found a 90ss and even went to check it out for me. He said it was complete but in need of tlc.
I called the seller and posted a cheque there and then. Two weeks later I went to collect the bike, totally unseen by me..
Hired a van and borrowed a mate to drive me 5 hours up north to collect it. We knocked on the door and asked for the fella ... his mum said " oh , he is on community service at the moment but the vespa is in the yard"
So we walk around the back , open the gate and there in the yard is a cutdown p-range frame rusting away. :o
Me and me mate look at each other and think... "F@*K".. the back door opens and mum appears..."oh.. the vespa must be in the shed" ... we breathe again as out rolls a complete but tatty 90ss. :)

The lad that sold it to me said his grandad had owned it from new. So I am the 'second' owner really. it was never used again on the road after the grandad and I still have the original number plate and tax disc which run out in 76 i think. It has a fair bit of history now as you can see by the thread.
tony

Martin Murray at 70mph at Santa Pod today on his 'works falc' .. Some issues as you can see but he won his class 'up to 210cc' at 14 sec and 88mph. When we get it to stay on the ground I hope it will go quicker. As you can see he is in third gear doing that wheelie... :shock: and that was at 1/8 mile.. much more of a nutter than anyone I know.

Last edited by tony on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
tony

as I seem to be doing nothing lately race wise here is some more of my mate Martin Murray.. I built this Quattrini M1R. Tho cyl head design/work and piston is by Charlie and crank is balanced and built by Lauro Caforio to this exact piston type.
Quite pleased with it as its done several rallies now and a few thousand miles... the scooter shootout last year and now this... and its 125cc.
83mph over the 1/4 today at Santa Pod and won its class 'up to 190cc'

tony

A little gearbox work required and its over geared too. But this is a 1/4 mile run in a 50 special frame with around 29hp and someone like Martin to ride it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=883TsDHRy1I&sns=em[/youtube]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information