Lambretta SX RB (hope this turns out ok!)

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Diablo
Dealer

Love it. Beautiful colour and follows on from the the original bike very well. Loved the original as well btw
Richjak

I love the paint on the scooter you bought went to Brid on and stripped what type of flake is that ????
Any idea on a paint code or supplier ???

The latest incarnation is wicked to by the way.
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Sorry I dont know the code for the metal flake paint work, it was quite nice tho, just not my thing and it was a bit scratched although it didnt show that badly. The new paint is a silver base with a red candy over the top, the murals are vinyl with 28 coats of laquer over them, lettering is painted on. I went for vinyl because its easier & quicker to do I think the results are great.

The lettering that was on the original legshields may get put back on next year, Ill have to see.

It was painted by Colourworx of Scunthorpe, it took around 5 weeks to complete, which is a fast turnaround & was a really good price, Im very happy with how its turned out, this guy will be very very busy.

I should hopefully get it back on the road this weekend or early next week, then I suppose Ill have to get the tools out again and fiddle with it!
Furious George

Looking good. You once stopped to help my mate who had broke down on the way back from the Isle of Wight in 86 :D

Here is a pic of your bike I took at Yarmouth in 86.

Charlie don't surf
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I used to do some miles in the late 80's, 1986 I can remember I went to isle of wight (broke the small end bearing on the way), margate, yarmouth, i think morcambe, exmouth & scarborough as well.

Hope I managed to help ur mate out, I was lucky my sccot only ever failed to get me home once, the flywheel came off and buggered the keyway early on the way home from exmouth or weston, I had to get the train home, I was 2 up as well cost us a whole sixty quid to get back home to Grimsby,,, happy days.

Ill be going back to the isle of wight this year, cant wait to relive my youth!!!
fred

like both versions, well done
fred
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

Furious George wrote:Looking good. You once stopped to help my mate who had broke down on the way back from the Isle of Wight in 86 :D

Here is a pic of your bike I took at Yarmouth in 86.

Always loved that scooter mate. ;) Ps looks nice now... 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information