This could be the last time

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Overhauled and ready for retirement well mine anyway,still a competative race bike in the right hands.

Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Like the number (46)

Just noticed on the rear hub all three allen bolts in is this a failsafe failsafe sort of thing..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
sean brady scooters
Dealer

will you not be sad to see it go ............?
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Lam46 wrote:Like the number (46)

Just noticed on the rear hub all three allen bolts in is this a failsafe failsafe sort of thing..
A lot of people mention the race number and think i put it on there because of some one else who races with the same number. It actually is the number i raced with for the last four years so is on there for a reason . The rear hub lock washer has three nuts as you said for a fail safe . It actually started in the 1980,s when i came back from a rally . The allen bolt came out and my back wheel fell off i then thought well why not use all three bolts and have been doing so since then im amazed no-one else has thought of doing this.
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

A fantastic piece of engineering - I really hope it goes to a good home and stays intact.

I'll be doing some extra lottery numbers this week - you never know, it could be me ;)
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

sean brady scooters wrote:will you not be sad to see it go ............?
I had a great time racing it but those days are over. I achevied everything i ever wanted to with it and its now hard to motivate yourself other than doing it for old times sake.Thats a dangerous time to race it when your not motivated and having come out of racing unscathed it was better to stop altogether. It may not sell yet who knows but if it does i still have all the memorys and i will be happy with just that.
mawso

Great, great bike, I remember fondly the 1/4 mile vs Ferrari for Marie Anne Hobbs Bikes. VHS'd it and showed anyone who was unfortunate to come round calling!

Read with great interest the Scootering article re' Ralphs improvements and the subesequent RS advert in the magazine haha.

Amazed it runs a drum brake and reverse pull at those speeds...or am I seeing it all wrong?

Cheers Stu
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Over a 1/4 mile the least resistance as possible the drum brake was just to slow it down in the run off area. The brack shoes were narrowed down to 1 cm wide so didnt work that well anyway.
patchw

Would it be possible to see a closer pic of the gear change unit fitted. I'm looking to fit a set of drops and any help would be greatfully received. Cheers
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

will get one done on Monday and post here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information