rearset revamp

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

following on from my thread here, the vibes on the bmx pegs were too much, so I reworked the hangers to fit some kawasaki pegs :
which work much better, and fit in with the look of my bike more too
to avoid a peg/kickstart clash, I had to weld the end of another kickstart to the oe lambretta kickstart
but that fits. I was planning on fitting pillion pegs to the rear runners, but decided not to use these, so removed the RH hanger and cut off the LH one with a junior hacksaw in an 80s style! which tidied up the rear end nicely
I also cut down some rear runners [thanks coaster :D ] , so now am thinking about a sidestand to tidy that up, and avoid the stand knocking into the rear runners...
markwh45

that's a good idea mate like that :D
mawso

How cool do they look, quality! Especially with the trimmed panel around the pedal...I had to make do with my rather dull looking Beedspeed rearsets and their wobbly, rattley footpegs.

What did you do with brake pedal hole in legshields?

Cheers Stu
byron

cheers. I like them and they actually vibrated less than I thought they would riding 230 miles to wicksteed and back yesterday.
That "trim" around the panel cut is just some old household electrical flex outer that fits in with the rest of the faded oe rubber quite well.
To fill the legshield hole, I just made up a bit of alloy shaped to fit, bolted on with a pointy nut I found in a pot to a U shaped bracket underneath.
You can just see it in the first pic.
Stokie

Cutdown rear runners look neat, did you age them to match the rest of the paint ? ;)
byron

Stokie wrote:Cutdown rear runners look neat, did you age them to match the rest of the paint ? ;)
yes somewhat... but they still have a way to go to catch up with the rest...
it's a surprisingly lengthy process to cultivate some rust when you want to...
paul-ebsc

to make metal rust quiker p155 on it. ;)
byron

paul-ebsc wrote:to make metal rust quiker p155 on it. ;)
:lol: funnily enough I never thought of that after spending some time making them, but I'll remember that if i need to again. I rubbed some salt & grinding debris in and then hooked them up to a bulb attached to a car battery. connecting them on the +ve side.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information