JUST BUILDING A RAT CHOP

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
smiffy1968
Main scooter: Nevermind Mk1 T5

smiffy1968

I have done something wrong as my last post i had hoped would post my pic, anyway i will get the hang of it eventually. This is one pic of my hardtail chopper.
J1MS

Think you just clicked on the wrong code.

Think it should be the fourth line of text.
smiffy1968

J1MS wrote:Image

Thanks for that J1ms, Much appreciated.
RICSPEED

that looks alright ..not sure about the headstock though
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
smiffy1968

RICSPEED wrote:that looks alright ..not sure about the headstock though

The grafting on of the front xr200 frame section could have been better, granted. But hey, it is a rat after all. I am thinking about sheeting that front bit in and moving/ changing headlight mounts. What are your thoughts about the headstock Ricspeed? Feedback good and bad much appreciated, i am a big boy i can take it......
scooterslag

J1MS wrote:Image

More piccies please- really like that 8-)
The mack daddy on the left!
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

8-) Well good i like it iv just done one very similar to that for a lad...
RICSPEED

smiffy1968 wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:that looks alright ..not sure about the headstock though

The grafting on of the front xr200 frame section could have been better, granted. But hey, it is a rat after all. I am thinking about sheeting that front bit in and moving/ changing headlight mounts. What are your thoughts about the headstock Ricspeed? Feedback good and bad much appreciated, i am a big boy i can take it......
purely from a visual point of veiw from the point the lammy frame meets the xr section the tubing is angled backwards which in the pic at least makes it appear as a weak spot although im aware this was nessasary to get the rake just so

the only other way round this would to have extended the tube up to meet the head stock like marks pride chop
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
smiffy1968

Bugger, Ricspeed. You have picked out the one bone of contention i have with it. It was not quite a right fit, as you said about the rake, if i had gotten the front frame section straight with the lammy tube the bloody forks would have been too upright. I also see it as a potential weak point, thats why i welded in a large chunk of 6mm flat plate up the inside. This bike is pretty rough close up, but thats what i intended anyway.
Madness, i would love to see the chop you have built similar to this, as i have not clapped eyes on a hardtail. I am beginning to think i am missing a point here. I have built the rear strut replacing the shock with large rubberized bushes hoping this will take any shock out. Although talking to a mate tonight, we were chatting about a trick harley shock that works on extension not compression. Thinking about fitting it horizontally under frame tube the grafting some kind of bracket of the engine..............zzzzzzzzzzzz....... :geek:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information