london to Santander

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
simon k

I built this to ride. 5 scoots down the west coast of France from St Malo to Santander. amazingly not one DNF.
roughly 1100 miles in 14 days on a worked £30 indian iron barrel 220 & Lth.
compnent failure? not even a bulb or cable had to be changed on my ride, however my speedo drive did seize near la Rochelle (mr b will be getting a call ha!)
Last edited by simon k on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
simon k

[/photobuckvid]ImageImageImageImageImage[/photobuckvid][/photobuckvid]
Diablo
Dealer

Great pics Simon. Is that Lees scoot there as well? What happened to Marks Serveta?
simon k

Alright Al? cheers mate, these are just the ones off my phone. yeah that's Grubb outside the old factory in Eibar, he's got the proper pictures covered like.
Mark rode his Px in the end due to the spanish light switch failing.they would have lost the plot if he rolled into town on his Servetta!
Diablo
Dealer

Looks like you had a great time. I would have just wired the lights permantly on and got one out there!
lammysilver

Epic trip, the pics are being edited and should be up when i get back from Isle of White early nxt week....
Until then heres a shot of mine half way through the trip... wheel race-tape lost its grip above 100mph and peeled itself off! :biggrin: as did the sleeping bag somewhere in Spain?!

Mines a slightly different story to Si's re: breaking down, I limped back with some state of the art piston rings! Cheers Si and Mickee

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48679958@N ... 9/sizes/l/
matthew

Nice Picture Grubby, Are you coming to Beetsugar this year with Simon and TJ and I?
lammysilver

Hoping to mate yeh, just waiting on details etc.
simon k

i hear what your saying Al, it was quite rushed for all of us getting prepped and run in. Mark knows his px inside out and i guess that was what swayed his decision last minute. you can blink and he will have it apart! i did ask a Top bloke called Juan who gave us a tour of Eibar about spares and he said there were none in town, but they could be found within Spain..

End of the day Lee, we ALL made it!!! :shock:
thank god for Cordless dremmel's..... your round fella! ;)
oh yeah & how big is that bridge????

Alright Matt? I'm looking forward to that run.. the rb will not be back on the road in time so i may be a little off the pace at 60mph on my series 1 & looking somewhat conservative next to your machine!

Simon
matthew

Hi Simon, what's happenend to the RB?

Glad to hear the trip to Spain went without incident, you must be really pleased with the S1? My Series 1 fired up for the 1st time yesterday since she blew up on the way to Woolacombe last year. Just got to get an MOT on it and jet it in and we'll be set for France in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to be back on my scoot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information