Lambretta Tv175 Scooterwinter with baby comet sidecar

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Rui

At the this moment in time this scooter is now dismantled and awaiting restoration, hopefully will be restored soon.

Just one question if someone knows, does anyone have any pics or adverts for this sidecar as I am missing the light that goes on the sidecar mudguard..

Hope someone can help.....Mr Eibar....Jaime!!!!!!please

Diablo
Dealer

That is so cool!
astrotower

That's nuts! I really like it. I especially like the fact that the lamby has an Eibar mudguard. Nice combo!
Rui

Here is an update on the resto.

Here is the bracket for the spare wheel that goes behind the legshields, I have remade a few extra.

Engine bits Vapour Blasted.

These are the Italian bits that I have found so far, I guess the discs will also be Italian

I will be taking the bits to get Blasted and powder coated in the next few weeks.
Mel K

Not being funny mate but that looked so cool sitting there in it's original state, now it's gone :shock: I just don't get it :?
joespeed

well i also thought it looked nice ,keep us posted with the restoration i think it will restore very easy and make a nice scooter,
regards
joe
Rui

I agree the first pics looks really nice and all original, if it was all original I would not restore the scooter.

The person who had it before me hand painted the scooter really badly, the sidecar should be one colour (grey) but I think he became a bit artistic and dicided to add the green on it....sad really but I guess it preserved the scooter, the body work is in fair condition and there is no serious rust.

I tried to take the top coat off with graffitti remover and also brake acid, with a scourer and wet paper but it was too thick and it's nearly impossible to remove, I spent about 5 hours on the loop and I only took of about 15 square inches, next day my fingers were killing me :lol: :lol: the results weren't that great either....full standard restoration is the only way forward.

Thanks for the remarks guys......I will keep all updated.......chrome should be back soon
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i think you are doing the right thing as for restoring this....its going to be just loverly..well done. :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Mel K

Cheers Rui, The photos make it look mint, I suppose close up is a differnet story, I'm sure when you've finished it it's going to look brilliant, keep the photos coming, we all love looking at pictures 8-)
Supereibar

Rui, very nice I already said when you showed this beast first... Unfortunately I have never seen that sidecar before. It is a Madrid reg. scooter and every town had theyr own kind of sidecars. Here the sidecars where done in Bismarck street, about a stone throw from my house and I have never seen an advert. I do have several pictures of the sidecars they did. Not because they where made in Barcelona, but they where the coolest...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information