Whats this RB barrel?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Picked this barrel up recently, and im a bit puzzled as to what it is. :?

Is is unused, RB225 ports, but is 72mm bore, the spigot is 78mm and not stepped like the rb250s so very close to the stud holes :o

The spigot is as cast not welded or anything?
so what do you reckon?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
odd mod squad

hello there

you will find its a very early one :)
if i remember correctly jb tunning used to machine and step the barrels and mod the piston
has anyone got a 250 new or old
and any feed back on their pros and cons

happy days 8-)
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Looking at the inlet it looks like a RB22 as the only 25s ive seen have had two fingers in the inlet to support the rings, unless like odd mod says its a early one and they changed them, if its got a number on you could ring Kempy up as they keep records ;) .
carlos fandango

Well it is an early one number 27
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
RobD

If it's an early one then I believe the port timings will be for a 58mm stroke crank. I've got one the same and had the barrel top and tailed for 58mm stroke. A bored out RB22 effectively. Alternatively could machine to suit 60mm stroke as taffspeed did.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information