Ts1 200 pistons

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Craig ts1
Main scooter: Lambretta tv

Have just had an an original asso piston leave it's skirt in my bottom end, I'm running standard stroke/ length crank on standard TS 1, what are the AF wossner pistons like, and, or IT 175 piston with 115 rod ?
YAMLAM

i use A IT175 piston ( wiseco) with 115 rod in my Ts1 200, i dont think AF did the wossner pistons when i built mine , good quality pistons i believe so cheapest route would be to buy one and stick with your std vlength crank.
win or lose have a booze
gaz_powell

I have a steel lined TS200 with genuine IT175 and Rd 400 rod - its a nice smooth ride and a 30mm PHBH a civilised ride round town and reasonable on the open road.
It's not something I would do again - I would prefer to use a standard size piston/rod - but 66mm pistons for TS1s are not abundant in choice. My mate runs a Monza 200 piston using 58x107 crank

Is the 200 wossner standard height?
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

I used one of the AF Wossners in my reed valve Rapido, no need to re-peg, correct crown profile for "standard" lambretta head, reasonably light, good 1mm rings, gets a tick from me. Mine was a 70mm version for 115/116 rod but I've also just fitted a 66mm for 107/110 rod.
Craig ts1
Main scooter: Lambretta tv

Thank you for the replies:

Ordered a 66mm Wossner piston from AF (£150 incl. cutting skirts and windows in piston, small end, and gasket sets). Arrived next day!

Checked gudgeon pin to crown edge - same as Asso.
Checked dome profile - 1 mm taller than Asso.
Checked gudgeon pin to piston skirt - 2mm longer than Asso.

Installed with a paper base gasket (previously no gaskets) to get correct squish, 1.3mm all over.
Turned engine over to check piston at BTC, no problems on Italian casing with 107/58 rod.

Fired up on second kick, and have done 50 miles so far running in. So far so good!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information