21 bhp from a 20.5mm carb

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
shamrockexpress

That's what my hexagon 180s do 21bhp from a 20.5mm dellorto/mikuni carb the same as the 180 runner also using a 50cc auto reedvalve so seems like there is a something going a miss with us lammie men here pouring gallons of petrol into 30/34mm carbs!!!!!!!!!!
Just imagine what piaggio could do with a 300cc 2 stroke although the carb would probably be a 28 vhst or something similar...........suppose it would have to be fuel injection. :D :D
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

shamrockexpress wrote:That's what my hexagon 180s do 21bhp from a 20.5mm dellorto/mikuni carb the same as the 180 runner also using a 50cc auto reedvalve so seems like there is a something going a miss with us lammie men here pouring gallons of petrol into 30/34mm carbs!!!!!!!!!!
Just imagine what piaggio could do with a 300cc 2 stroke although the carb would probably be a 28 vhst or something similar...........suppose it would have to be fuel injection. :D :D

How spooky.......i have just had a rather enlightening conversation with a very nice man about various aspects of tuning, and this carb thing was certainly an interesting part of the equation! There might just be an article about it coming to a Scootering magazine near you in the not to distant future!
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

One of the Italian , I think, race series only allows standard 19 mm carbs on a smallframe Vespa yet the motors kick out high HP.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

shamrockexpress wrote:That's what my hexagon 180s do 21bhp from a 20.5mm dellorto/mikuni carb the same as the 180 runner also using a 50cc auto reedvalve so seems like there is a something going a miss with us lammie men here pouring gallons of petrol into 30/34mm carbs!!!!!!!!!!

Compare the cylinders two totally different animals. The carb is only 1 aspect of tuning and there is a world of difference between a SH20 and a PHBG or Mikuni 20.
shamrockexpress

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:

How spooky.......i have just had a rather enlightening conversation with a very nice man about various aspects of tuning, and this carb thing was certainly an interesting part of the equation! There might just be an article about it coming to a Scootering magazine near you in the not to distant future!

thanx for the heads up Dan i,ll look forward to reading it when i pick up my next copy of :
classic scooterist magazine :D :D :D

anyway is the 20.5 carb so good has no one ran one on a lammie yet??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information