My GP350 - done & ongoing work

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

The whole project started in 2011 - purchased it as a complete bike from the UK, but it was so badly made that it was impossible to get the german MOT (TUV).
Thus I decided to make a complete rebuild with the support of Frank Sanderson and his experience. :)

Setup is a 1WW RD350 YPVS engine with small improvements (30mm Mikuni, machined heads, ported Barrels) to achive at least the 63hp. Dyno to follow. :twisted:

So lets make pictures do the talking:

Spare Indian Frame out of my shed:

Rolling Chassis - picked up in the UK:

During the drybuild:

Completed:

After the first ride-outs I hade to take care about some childrens disease:

1. Holding bracket of the rear cables to Close to the rear wheels:
Before:
After:

2. Improved shift segments (not mounted it yet):

3. Ordered some improved rear dampers.

Waiting for your comments. ;)
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi stampede, at last youve got your thread,nice one, ive been waiting to see this, but sadly i cant see your pics, i had a real job getting mine on as well, my mate andy uploaded nearly all of mine, a little editing is in order i think,
holty
Stampede

Does anyone else have the Problem with missing pictures? Perhaps I´ll try another upload space.
T5-190

Nice work, and I can see the pictures fine.
holty

hi, i can see your pictures now, very nice indeed, i had i similar issue with mine, i fixed it by making some bigger top brackets for the shockers that raised it up about an inch at the rear, and made the shocker more vertical, making the shocks more effective, no rubbing now, even two up, i guess its very fast with that much hp. :D
Stampede

New shocks are here, planned to spend my Saturday afternoon in the Workshop to mount all the stuff. :D

holty

they look very nice, are they adjustable? will you be fitting your pro shift as well, i am going to bridlington, ive got mine entered in the custom show, setting off early.
holty
Stampede

Yes, they´re adjustable in three different stages and I´ve also in mind to fit the pro shift. :-)
holty

nice one, sounds like your going to be busy, you will be impressed with the diffrence the shift pro makes,i had to mess about with the spring adjuster that moves the selecter arm, i had to build it up with some weld so it was in the correct position in retation to the pins on the star wheel, fiddly but worth the effort as gears select so well, might be worth making an extension to your clutch arm to get a softer clutch while your at it, have fun,
holty :D
Stampede

Thanks for the hint. :-) I hope that I´m able to remove the clutch cover without removing the exhausts, otherwise it will be bloody fiddly to remove the exhaust while the frameloop is still on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information