Well, won't be buying from Willenhall Scooters again!

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Daggs

Donnie, by in amazing coincidence ! I bought exactly the same item from Willenhall just a couple of weeks ago. I agree with you about the ease and cost effectiveness of buying a small part from an eBay dealer. I also agree about the cone shim. It was crap and I threw it in the bin. Fortunately, I didn't need it, I only needed the cone. Hence I didn't complain.

As for Ipman. If he has nothing worthwhile to add to a thread. Then his silence is better.
eden
Dealer

Donnie wrote:
ipman wrote:donnies got upset,sent an email,they didnt reply within the hour or the time it takes to do his nails so he spat his dummy out and made a thread :lol:
Are you one of those mentally deficient pillocks I hear about that enjoy just jumping into threads to try and get a reaction?

(checks members other messages on forum)

Never mind, you don't have to answer that one.....
That prompted me to have a look at his past posts. Donnie I think your correct, and I think he owns a vespa too

Willenhall scooters isn't far from me but I only found out they existed about 2 weeks ago, a few in the ILC bought stators from there last year at silly low prices and amazingly they are still working lol
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

The thing is they call themselves willenall scooters but the business card is The Scootering Ltd, so not even consistant in their name.
Donnie.
db67

I have also bought parts from willenhall scooters numerous times & have never had a problem with anything I have purchased, but I have had to file & fettle some parts i've obtained from so called "reputable dealers" in the past! :? I think sometimes its just the luck of the draw! ;) db67
Donnie

Not this part, this is supposed to be a 1mm spacer washer, therefore should be 1mm or near as damn it surely. Some parts like you say need a fettle granted, but to produce and sell something like this is frankly either stupid or lazy. It's akin to a 3.50 x 10 tyre being produced which actually turns out to be 3.50 x 9. :-/
Donnie.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

To be fair I think Ipman was OTT and there was probably another agenda he had. Saying that I think having a go at the dealer for not having a quick response on a 60p washer may be a tad OTT as well. I've bought loads of stuff of e-bay and i'll be the first to admit "you pays your money you takes your chance" with what you get. I've bought stuff off most of the main dealers and there isn't many that have a 100% record with me, the question is how they deal with a problem (problems are to be expected with scooter bits !!). Like I say i'd have given it a few more days before "naming and shaming".
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Donnie wrote:
Are you one of those mentally deficient pillocks I hear about that enjoy just jumping into threads to try and get a reaction?

FPMSL
shocky

I buy from scootopia and it keeps my stress levels low
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Donnie

My stress levels ain't high either mate.
Donnie.
Donnie

mick1 wrote:To be fair I think Ipman was OTT and there was probably another agenda he had. Saying that I think having a go at the dealer for not having a quick response on a 60p washer may be a tad OTT as well. I've bought loads of stuff of e-bay and i'll be the first to admit "you pays your money you takes your chance" with what you get. I've bought stuff off most of the main dealers and there isn't many that have a 100% record with me, the question is how they deal with a problem (problems are to be expected with scooter bits !!). Like I say i'd have given it a few more days before "naming and shaming".
Ummmmmm where did I ever say anything about having a go for not giving a quick response? That was Impman not me, he made the assumption i expected some sort of reply from the seller within an hour, I never said that.

I suspect that some think that he's right in his implication that the reason for posting was due to not getting an immediate reply from the seller, let me make this very clear.

Im simply stating the poor product recieved from an ebay seller purporting to be a scooter dealer. I post this as a warning to others.

I have emailed them re their failure to meet my expectations. I decided immediately on seeing the crap part that they will not be getting positive feedback, the way they deal with my complaint will determine if the feedback given in bad or neutral, I don't automatically leave poor feedback.

As for giving it a few days, nope sorry, crap is crap, facts are facts, someone inexperienced would have likely fitted this and believed it to be ok and at best would end up with seal problems as well as clearance issues, at worst who knows.
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information