Scooter Shootout 21st 22nd Sept

BSSO race info, reviews, plus rider and scooter tech info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mick1 wrote:I live in York and like the idea of the Scooter Shootout. I agree that the event is poorly marketed (i've just googled it to check it was Elvington again). I'm not aware of any local clubs being approached about the event which would be good marketing as the York area is a bit of hot-bed for the scooter scene.

It's probably too late for this year but the YSA may have made a good partner for this event. They had one one of their "Inland Invasions" about 3 miles from Elvington a couple of years ago, with numbers well over a thousand.

I agree that other scooter events make it hard to get large numbers at any one event but consistency is needed to ensure a growing attendance. Putting doubt over the event will only make the "undecided" look for an alternative.
Sums it up perfectly, well said.

I especially agree with the suggestion about Bishop contacting and talking to the YSA to see if an inland Invasion could tie in with the event next year....the numbers would be phenomenal.

Clearly people want these sprint events to happen........
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969

fairspares wrote:I know Pm-tuning have helped sponser this event but the involvement of other scooter dealers, organisations, magazines and advertising is what is needed for this event to succeed.
Very good point, I agree. The more 'major' organisations are involved, the better the coverage/marketing and therefore the higher the attendance and hopefully the better the event.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
ducksta

alot of people would like at least 0ne go down the strip so why not put on a happy hour sat 5pm/6m £1 per go not competing for classes just for yourself might make people enter the next day?
live life your a long time dead
drunkmunkey6969

ducksta wrote:alot of people would like at least 0ne go down the strip so why not put on a happy hour sat 5pm/6m £1 per go not competing for classes just for yourself might make people enter the next day?
ANOTHER brilliant idea......get the non-competitive, yet 'game' people involved....at £1 per go during 'public happy-hour' is a great idea, lets everyone get an idea about starting techniques, power/weight/times ratios, the thrill of the race etc.....all for a quid!! Cant go wrong.

It might even inspire a new wave of lads to get involved in sprinting and start building their own machines!?!? :shock:

In fact Bishop......get some of these lads on board to organise the event, they seem to be more enthusiastic and inspirational than you do!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (just a joke) ;)
ducksta

would be nice for a tuning shop to take a sprinter for the public to have a go on, could boost sales DAN?
live life your a long time dead
drunkmunkey6969

ducksta wrote:would be nice for a tuning shop to take a sprinter for the public to have a go on, could boost sales DAN?
If i had the time to build a sprinter, i would....and id sprint it, and even let others have a go.

Why dont you come down to the garage bud and we'll dig some parts out and talk you through the build, as we get on with other jobs?? ;)
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I'd like to see a competition for doing the 1/8 mile changing the clutch and doing the 1/8 again. Say 8 teams racing against each other, some well known shops may compete against "private" teams or clubs.

Bit of kudos for the winner and buckets of excuses for the losers ;)
drunkmunkey6969

mick1 wrote:I'd like to see a competition for doing the 1/8 mile changing the clutch and doing the 1/8 again.
Change a clutch at a race event? I'd have to book it in a month in advance, and you'd have to leave it with me for a week! Lol ;)
hotwheels

Trev, would you like some help/sponsorships etc........?
bishop

hotwheels wrote:Trev, would you like some help/sponsorships etc........?
OK we can confirm that the event will go a head on the 21st 22nd of September at Elvington it will have the 1/8th mile a two lane 1/4 mile and a top speed 1/2 mile same as last year

We do need help with this event not so much on the day we have that covered by one of the best crews in straight-line sport

But if any one out there wants to help in anyway to get the event noticed your help is more than welcome please just drop me an email trevor@straightliners.co.uk or pm me on hear,,,, thanks Trev
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information