My Li225 Special

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

RICSPEED wrote:cool .. nice scoot mate .. love the little details too :D
Thanks, if you like the little details, you'll like the bracket I made up to mount the end can on the JL3. The standard one is so ugly! :barfy:
Minority

And here's the bracket I made to secure the JL3 end can, just needs to be chrome plated and it will be ready to go!

Russell
Main scooter: 1966 Lambretta SX200

Looking good John!
Barry Smyth
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 3 Li150 '64

Thanks John, Just saw the great list for the indicators, could you please share the wiring diagram and anymore detail? Thanks in advance. Barry

Barry
Minority wrote:Here you go Barry, If you have the original SX rear light I don't know how much room you would have. As you can see I have a stainless steel unit (Isn't stainless a bugger to drill!). The most time consuming part of the fitting was making the little alloy spacers to compensate for the slope/angle of the rear light housing. I ended up making them out of a solid peice of ally.

The indicators I used were these ones:

A grand total of A$3.50 delivered! I tried some led indicators but they weren't bright enough for daytime use (I think these ones should be OK but I've only just fitted them so I'm not sure)

If you have any questions please let me know.

John
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Nice work on the indicators.
Just done exactly the same thing on mine - those spacers were awkward!
Minority

sparklymarkly wrote:Nice work on the indicators.
Just done exactly the same thing on mine - those spacers were awkward!
Looks nice! I think this is the best place for them on a lammy without being too obtrusive (if you don't mind drilling holes in your rear light. :biggrin: )

What are you doing at the front? I drilled a couple of holes in the lower part of the headset either side of the headlamp and mounted them there, again not to obtrusive.
Minority

eden wrote:Thats a cracking idea :)

some nice details on this scooter :fb:
Thanks Eden, it'll be even better when I get the engine back in the scooter.
One of the problems of being in Perth, Western Australia is the time it takes to get stuff from the UK, so my rebuild has taken much longer than expected. The deeper and deeper I went, the more I found I needed! Hopefully the gearbox shim I am waiting for is the last bit.
Then I can have the fun of running in the new piston & rings. :biggrin:
stu69
Main scooter: GP TS1 225

Looks very nice, and some trick bits. I may have to put a return spring on mine. Your rear sensor bracket looks good, does it work ok, and do you have any tips on making one?
Minority

stu69 wrote:Looks very nice, and some trick bits. I may have to put a return spring on mine. Your rear sensor bracket looks good, does it work ok, and do you have any tips on making one?
Hi Stu, I am really pleased with the way that the sensor bracket worked out, the sensor ends up in a fairly protected position and cables etc will be pretty well hidden (especially with the panels on). The bracket gets pretty close to the wheel rim (SIP tubeless in my case), but there is enough clearance and I could have easily made it a bit narrower in that area if needed. The other issue is that it might be impossible to drill & tap the rear suspension mount with the engine still mounted in the frame.
I carved it out of a solid chunk of ally and the only tools used were a hacksaw, drill and hand files (oh and a buffing wheel to polish it).
One thing I gave no thought to (but should have) was how close the gear lever would get in 4th gear! Fortunately it was OK and I took a bit more off the stainless steel tie rod too make sure. If you were running a standard tie rod with the little rubber boot on you would have to be more carefull.
The front forks now look a lot "cleaner" without the speedo cable looping around and I plan to take off the speedo drive cover when I put on the antidive upgrade.
Last edited by Minority on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Minority wrote:What are you doing at the front? I drilled a couple of holes in the lower part of the headset either side of the headlamp and mounted them there, again not to obtrusive.
I've fitted them down at the bottom of the horncasting. They look quite subtle there (they're white until lit up) & I'm pleased with the result.
Can't post a pic yet - it'll give the game away! Don't want to put any paintwork pics up til it's finished!

I was going to put them underneath the handlebars using special brackets bolted through the headset top bolts but in the end decided it was too much hassle!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information