Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
joespeed

Lam46 wrote:
CANbus wrote:Any plans to try a reed valve with this kit?
Me and Sean mentioned it a few weeks ago, you never know what future mods this kit on my scooter will have thrust upon it... :D

so andy,by now you should be coming round a little! happy new year to you
have you got the avantti kit on and running about testing or is it too wet and cold?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Seans done a new clutch and uprated selector spring, so i will be on with testing a selection of pipes now....then Andy will be running it in, then we will be porting it and tuning it for more power in piston-port format, and then we may reed-valve it at the end of the process........ ;o))
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

to cold and wet my arse..lol

I shall be riding as much as possible Joe..work commitments permitting as i shall be spending a couple of days a week based in London but when in hull it shall be my main means of transport to and from work and as many miles i can on a weekend unless is thick snow..:grin:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
joespeed

Lam46 wrote:to cold and wet my arse..lol

I shall be riding as much as possible Joe..work commitments permitting as i shall be spending a couple of days a week based in London but when in hull it shall be my main means of transport to and from work and as many miles i can on a weekend unless is thick snow..:grin:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
if you had been sober this morning you could have ridden out with me ,was dry but cold,now its cold and wet!
CANbus

I have my JB tuned TT3 engine arriving this week here, so I hope to give it some welly in the not to distance future.
11111111 = 0xFF
drunkmunkey6969

CANbus wrote:I have my JB tuned TT3 engine arriving this week here, so I hope to give it some welly in the not to distance future.
Nice one, keep us informed of power and progress! ;o)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

CANbus wrote:I have my JB tuned TT3 engine arriving this week here, so I hope to give it some welly in the not to distance future.
hi u say "tuned" by jb or do u mean built by jb ? if tuned could u tell us what he done and what bhp etc he got from it also what exhaust an carb etc cheers gaz
doggbhoy

hi all ,
has anyone fitted a dev tour pipe with this kit and what mods did you do to get the front chaincase bracket to fit? :?
as most expansion pipes have a similar mounting at the front what mods have you done to get the pipe on?(maybe take a wee bit off a couple of fins :shock: :roll: )
appreciate any help.... thanks in advance
cheers! :)
gabba gabba hey gabba we accept you one of us
CANbus

rbgaz wrote:
hi u say "tuned" by jb or do u mean built by jb ? if tuned could u tell us what he done and what bhp etc he got from it also what exhaust an carb etc cheers gaz
I think John said he got 20bhp on his dyno, the performance graph is in the box with the engine along with the bill of materials, when I receive it I will put it up for viewing.
11111111 = 0xFF
drunkmunkey6969

Well......after a very lazy Xmas and New Year break, Andys scooter now has the new clutch and gearselector in...i shall re-dyno on Sunday with his PM pipe and then next week try the Franspeed Race, and the selection of pipes that Corrado left us to try.........results/graphs will follow, and then Andy will be off on the road with it! :O))
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information