AGAINST CORROSION / RUST : OWATROL OIL

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Rookie

John59; I checked loads of sites that are selling the stuff, and that was the only place i found that said it can be used on chrome.
I also e-mailed a couple , one didn't bother getting back to me, can't remember if it was that one or not,
Think it depends if you want to take a risk on it at £15 a tin or so really !! , unless someone can give a definate yeah or ney , i'll just stick to wd40 and elbow grease.
You could hurt my feelings ......If i had any !!
mickyplum

i use owatrol oil a lot being a decorator,mostly as a paint conditioner but it can be used on most surfaces like bare wood as a finish and metal as a rust stopper.it's brilliant stuff and a small tin goes a very long way,it's slightly thicker than water.i've never used it on chrome so can't really help there but on everything else it's extremly good and it really does do exactly what it says on the tin.should be able to get it from most decent decorator's merchants local to you and should be slightly cheaper being a 'trade' shop.hope this helps.

cheers, mick
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information