Rust removal bodywork Lambretta

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

DigDug wrote:
Using wire wheels can cause more damage that blasting.
Haha...please don't try to discredit my previous statement like that I've been in the blasting and painting game for 32 years and have blasted everything from motorcycle parts to multi-span bridge structures.

I think the op was looking to clean/ protect localised areas on his scoot, of course if you intend to refurbish the whole thing blasting is the way to go, but for what he wants a good wire wheel and some Zinga.

BTW don't use jenolite, in the short term it will hold the rust at bay but will look an unsightly mess.

And no a wire wheel won't cawse more damage than blasting ( unless you have long hair and get it caught)
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Scooterdude wrote:
Haha...please don't try to discredit my previous statement like that I've been in the blasting and painting game for 32 years and have blasted everything from motorcycle parts to multi-span bridge structures.

I think the op was looking to clean/ protect localised areas on his scoot, of course if you intend to refurbish the whole thing blasting is the way to go, but for what he wants a good wire wheel and some Zinga.

BTW don't use jenolite, in the short term it will hold the rust at bay but will look an unsightly mess.

And no a wire wheel won't cawse more damage than blasting ( unless you have long hair and get it caught)
Not trying to discredit you mate - I'm just posting based on my own observations of messing around trying to keep rust at bay on various vehicles for nearly 50 years, albeit just as an amateur.

As far as I'm concerned you don't need to try too hard to f@@k up your panel work using a wire wheel and an angle grinder.
Did you have to do that?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

All I can say is you must have a serious angle grinder to do damage, I've been using a small Dewalt 4.5 inch with a relatively soft copper wire wheel, works a treat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information