Scootrs Carburetor

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scootRS.com
Dealer

Float height has nothing to to with the weather, it simply regulates how long fuel can fill up in the float before the inlet valve cuts off.

I've got a SCK choke kit sitting here; I don't see any difference except the choke hole is bigger. Here's ours on a Vespa:

storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

More accurately, if the float is set too low, the fuel reserve in the bowls will be too small and increase the opportunity for the jets to become uncovered and the engine to run lean. If the floats are set too high, excessive fuel can go into the vent tubes causing the engine to run rich and bog/stall.

I've never been able to overcome this over-fuelling issue when setting the float height at 19mm, which is what your site recommends [ both my current PWKs are bgm ones mind, although I also had the problem with another one, who's origin was "uncertain"].

What do you set your floats at in Vietnam?
firekdp

scootRS.com wrote:Float height has nothing to to with the weather, it simply regulates how long fuel can fill up in the float before the inlet valve cuts off.
The floats job is more important than that, it needs to maintain a constant level of fuel in the carb bowl as any change in level will affect the air/fuel mixture strength. But as long as the carb is jetted for the float height then it should be OK.
boonyed

Bought one of these and it ran really well (most of the time), but would sometimes present fuel starvation issues for no apparent reason. As I say, when it ran well it was fantastic, then out of the blue it would pack up......I tried to sort it out following all the suggestions on this and the LCGB site, but eventually came to the conclusion that I couldn't rely on it and swapped it for a 28mm delly.
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

All this talk of 29/30mm carbs but I can't see how they would work to maximum capacity on a 150/175 sized inlet manifold. I can't open the port up fully as the barrel is Nicasil lined and the stud spacing suits a smal engine block manifold (my SH2/22 is on a GP150 manifold, narrow stud spacing + 22mm stub for carb. There is a rumour that Casa have produced some 210 kits with 200 inlet stud spacing as well :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information