fitting metal legshield toolbox on a lambretta gp200

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
mickfeath.
Main scooter: lambretta super vijay 150

Hi, i was wondering if anyone out there has an easy way to fit one of these toolboxes, diagrams or photos would be really appreciated.Thanks Mick.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

There is no easy way,they are all crap,need grinding and fettling.
Unless,you buy the fiberglass one from Rimini,fits like a glove.Just a tad small.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Keep offering it up, marking with a chalk or pen where it first touches bodywork. Cut or grind little at a time until you get good all round fit. Takes forever by the way. Now offer it up with the rubber and see how it fits.
You may well need to bolt in 2 small right angle brackets to allow you to fix through 2 holes behind the horn casting.
I'll say one thing: it's a great sense of achievement when done. ;)
ArmandTanzarian

It's a real pain in the parts and takes forever. Look to spend the best part of a day grinding and swearing at it.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
chippy

I always use cardboard as a pattern, just cut the cardboard to shape of legshields then place on toolbox and trim to suit. It usually gets me about there
shocky

Some one asked me to fit one I said 100 quid and he laughed fast forward a few months its fitted ahh thats nice I said who did it I@@l scooters ohh how much 100 quid he said
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

shocky wrote:Some one asked me to fit one I said 100 quid and he laughed fast forward a few months its fitted ahh thats nice I said who did it I@@l scooters ohh how much 100 quid he said
Hope you told him to f**k off there next time too
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information