Barry - Bikesure European Cover

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
GP Rider
Main scooter: GP TS1

Were thinking of a long weekend in France next year.
I'm currently with Bikesure and the renewl is before we go.

RAC will not cover bikes over 15yrs old.
AA will not cover bikes under 200cc and we have an Imola going with us.

Anyone insured with Bikesure and had the misfortune of breaking down in France and actually being brought home?
Does it actually work, do you get stranded on the end of a phone in the middle of nowhere.
Any quirks or problems, any advice what to do if this happens?

Many thanks
Chris
gaz_powell

try allstyles insurance - they do one off breakdown polices

I take one out for Euro Rallies (1972 Jet 200) - fortunately have not had to use it

gaz
Barry@Bikesure

Hi Chris,

All Bikesure policies come with at least 30 days European cover, ranging up to 180 days.

You get the same level cover that you have on your policy. I.e. If you are comprehensive then you will have comprehensive cover in France and if you are third party fire and theft then you will have that level of cover in France for the set number of days.

Depending on the year of manufacture of the bike, our breakdown covers range from £36 to £50. This is a full UK and EU breakdown cover, covering roadside assistance, home start, relay and puncture repair and a call centere is operational 24/7 to take your call.

The best way to find out whether this policy is right for you is to have a read through the section here:

http://www.bikesure.co.uk/pdfs/documents/breakdown.pdf

If you want me to have a look at the policy you have with us to determine how many days EU cover you have, or to look at your renewal then please let me know :)

Thanks

Barry
GP Rider
Main scooter: GP TS1

Thanks for the reply Barry.
As with all insurance things the policy is quite complicated.

Relay will be the one I'm after. I'm sure I won't be able to get a local French garage to fix a holed TS1. I just need to be assured that the scoot and I will be taken back to the ferry and picked up again on the uK side to be taken home?

I will be renewing my policy before we go so I'll be sure to give you a ring and make sure I'm covered for all possible problems.

Thanks again
Chris
Barry@Bikesure

GP Rider wrote:Thanks for the reply Barry.
As with all insurance things the policy is quite complicated.

Relay will be the one I'm after. I'm sure I won't be able to get a local French garage to fix a holed TS1. I just need to be assured that the scoot and I will be taken back to the ferry and picked up again on the uK side to be taken home?

I will be renewing my policy before we go so I'll be sure to give you a ring and make sure I'm covered for all possible problems.

Thanks again
Chris
PM me if you want a call back closer to the time to discuss the breakdown, Chris.

Cheers.

Barry
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information