Px125 conrod wear

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dazblakey

Hi all you'll have to forgive me abit this is my first time stripping a vespa, I've stripped my wife's engine to get to the cruciform and it notice that between the cruciform and the selector rod there is no washer I've read this should be there, it was slipping out of second but the gear looks fine and a bit of wear on the cruciform but I will replace it, next the conrod has a bit of play on either end is this right and there's a sharp piece right on top of the piston I am presuming this shouldn't be there either, all help is appreciated thanks

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

On a PX there's no lock washer on the selector rod - earlier models only.
If the conrod play is side to side it's fine. If the play is up and down you have a problem.
dazblakey

Ginch wrote:On a PX there's no lock washer on the selector rod - earlier models only.
If the conrod play is side to side it's fine. If the play is up and down you have a problem.
Thanks for the reply I've stripped it right down and it's knackered big time the bearing race has broken and damage the casing

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information