Vespa Rally 200 clutch basket

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

If you put a Cosa II clutch in it, it will ride better in and never end up in such a state like the 7 spring but it's not worth the money to buy a Cosa 24 tooth. I would get the Cosa II clutch and change it back to 23/65. I would however, make some changes to the barrel for it to rev a little higher and make up for the lost gearing (which would have worked very well down hill or with the wind behind).
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I am more than happy with standard Rally 200 performance. The only reason I don't have the original standard exhaust on is that I need to cut it open to get bits of piston ring out (long story). I'll get round to that sometime this year.

The Cosa 2, 23/65, which isn't too expensive, seems the best option to me. I'll give that a go.

Thanks again for all the pointers.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Jack221 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:39 am If you put a Cosa II clutch in it, it will ride better in and never end up in such a state like the 7 spring but it's not worth the money to buy a Cosa 24 tooth. I would get the Cosa II clutch and change it back to 23/65. I would however, make some changes to the barrel for it to rev a little higher and make up for the lost gearing (which would have worked very well down hill or with the wind behind).
Just to finish this thread, I reverted to 23/65 and an FA Italia basic Cosa clutch. I made no changes to barrel.

The gear change is not as fierce and acceleration has improved, just a little.

Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information