MB gear selector spring

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

If it's an Italian Hardknott Pass, count me out with the amount of tools and spares I'll need to carry to keep you on the road ;-)
coaster

storkfoot wrote:If it's an Italian Hardknott Pass, count me out with the amount of tools and spares I'll need to carry to keep you on the road ;-)
Well I wasn't too impressed with the spares you carried in Germany, your collection of pre-blown 45 year old light bulbs wouldn't have helped if my HID had gone wrong ;)
storkfoot

:P :lol:
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

storkfoot wrote:Any more recent experience of these springs please?

I have just started developing an issue with an engine jumping out of gear in 4th and not especially when under load. I have just started systematically going all possibilities but it is very easy, almost too easy, to change gear.
Mine started doing it and it was a knackered tie bar ovaling out
storkfoot

Same thought occurred to me but I don't think it is that. There's fairly minimal play on mine.

I have had it all apart today and suspect it was the spring. I have replaced it with one I already had but won't be able finish putting it all back together until next weekend.

Thanks for the input.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information