Dip beam / MOT ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
flipster

It's MOT time again ! But I've no dip beam. Main beam's fine just no dip ! Think that's a fail ?
So, I had a "quick" look, Tried a new bulb, checked earths and connections at bulb holder, tried a new switch. No joy !
Surely if main beam's ok, it must be something simple or is it just me !!! :lol:
Any suggestions welcome .

Cheers.
P.N.D.S.C.
ove

Had this the other day, changed whole light switch thinking that was the problem. It ended up being 1 of the 2 metal connections that the bulb touches had been very slightly bent back and not touching the bulb.
joespeed

same thing,some crap ,test with a 12v probe tester while engine is running better with a 12v battery for power if possible stops everything rattling about!
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Had this today on a mate's winter model. Had it wired up to a battery as it's not running yet. Had 12v on both bullet connections at the right times with the switch in the relevant positions and with the probe on the contacts. Cleaned the contacts in the bulb holder with some emery paper and bent them forward a bit and that solved it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

I always put a big blob of solder on the contacts of the bulb, they often seem to have bugger all on them these days, also as said bend the contacts in to meet the bulb. I have also had problems with the contacts on the switch, I know you have replaced it, but the switch is very crude relying on some brass posts and a spring and a ball bearing, they get wet and build up Verdigris, clean with a bit of emery and a smear of Vaseline or WD
flipster

Ta everyone for your help . You were all right ! It was one of the contacts at the back of the bulb,bent it forward slightly and hey presto full and dip beam !
Should pass test now (fingers crossed) Then I'll be looking for a better quality bulb holder , any recomendations ?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P.N.D.S.C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information