Anyone use Mikuni TMX power jet?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Soulsurfer, I'm not having a go. I just can't imagine coming home after a club meet at 23.00 hrs/ late from a rally, getting up in the morning and changing to a weaker mixture to go to work/ nip down the shops to get some milk for the cornflakes. I haven't looked at the Camlam set-up properly, or had one physically in my hands, but, there is a point of slide position that, from an optimum setting for the main will be somewhere between 5/8 and full throttle TO full throttle. You are then working BACKWARDS to the the main circuit from about half throttle to that 5/8 to full throttle position, the venturi of your power jet would then be altered in position to fill in the extra of that 5/8-full throttle position. I can't see how you can set up a power jet WITHOUT adjusting it's height (other than amount of fuel delivered, obviously, by size of the jet). The position will be determined primarily by port timings/ exhaust used but also ignition timing, compression ratio, combustion chamber shape etc etc etc etc you get the gist though). As I said, it can be a time consuming process to get cock on but well worth it. It's a bit like a five speed, don't expect it to be 'job done' in a couple of hours. S
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

B-Race Tuning wrote:I can't imagine even an obsessive owner changing power jet jets to suit atmospherics, and if those of you that do, do you do your pilot etc etc?
I've used the Mikuni power jets on many different scoots with very, very good results. I would say that they take a bit of setting up, especially adjusting them to the correct length you require, where you find that you get the best integration V the main. Once set-up though, a good bit of kit and no need to adjust again, even for atmospherics. I have had no need or requests to try/ fit/ set-up the Camlam one, so can't offer my thoughts on it, sorry. Now fitted to yours, be prepared to muck about a bit on the dyno, but worth it. (Before attending the dyno, see if you can make up a few spacers to "lift" it to various heights to try the differences, you'll be surprised). Simon.
Hi Simon, thanks for the reply. Sent you a pm :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information