Help with carb, I think

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

It sounds like the pilot jet is too big.Mine wont run properly with anything bigger than a 45,If I try it with anything bigger it 4 strokes really bad and I have a job too get it to tickover.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Sound like the builder is covering his arse by saying its running rich till you run in. I suspect the 50 pilot and the 130 for a 185 is way over the top. You want to try and get it to start and warm up. I'm happy that I have to put choke on, no throttle and it starts 1st or 2nd kick, you should be able to turn the choke off pretty much strait away. If its starting without choke its another sign that its rich coz that's what the choke does. Next look at the air screw. most older jetex carbs you set it to all in then back 1.5 turns, I have seen some new carbs with a sticker saying 2 turns. Try and get it warm and increase the revs slightly higher than normal. you need to adjust the air screw listening to judge does the revs increase or start to bog. you are aiming for a sweet spot. Occasionally give it a blip on the throttle you are looking for it going up as you blip and again for it to settle back down again quickly. If you cannot get this say within another 1.5 turns change the pilot to a 48 or a 45, My casa was OK on either but I ran the 48.Once you get to that stage you are into main jet and again my casa was running 122-125 depending on what I was buggering about with it at the time. Atomisers and cross drillings along with slides all complicate what is still a simple carb. I have to say I was big on these carbs till I went for a Delorto 26, The jetex is very much on or off with the Delorto being far smoother but loads more options of slides needles etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information