New Casa 185 or Gori Sport 200?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

I'm looking at both of these kits, just wondered about an new feedback on the them. They seem rarer used then the Mugello or RT. I've got both these good kits on scooters but just wondered about the new Casa 185 or the Gori Sport 200. I've also had a GT186 which was also a great bit of kit. I'm not interested in the high revving RB's, Imola's etc.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I have the older casa 185 and a Gori Sport on two bikes. Both are very mild to stockish tunes, purely for around town and not the track. The goal here was total reliability and minimal cost.

For a small block 200 feel you really can't go wrong with either of them. I have the Gori set up with a Scootopia sh22, AF light flywheel electronic and stock exhaust. Feels just like a stock 200.

The casa has a 24PH Dellorto, casa big bore and indian electronic. Feels like a fast 200. Both are running LI125 with 18/47 gear boxes with standard clutches.

A couple of gripes.

Gori Sport cylinder had .005" bore/piston clearance out of the box and the intake port was gigantic. Not noisy though.
No real complaints about the casa cylinder. It's like every other alloy/nicasil piston port jug out there. Not bad but not anything to make me want to say "you have to buy this so your life will have meaning"
Lamaddict

Thanks Grumpy,

005" seems a bit big but I guess they know what they are doing.

Interesting gearbox combination. I've got the same gearbox and an Li150 one. I was thinking of 46x16 on the Li150 drive?

Interested to know if the new Casa 185 is much of an improvement over the old one?
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I agree with Grumpy. I run a casa 185 with a 22mm carb and an af clubman. It's like a torquey px125. Not exciting but very satisfying and major economical. My brother runs a gori race 200 in a series 2 with a 30mm and gori exhaust. His gives my t5 172 on a standard exhaust a run for it's money! I've no experience of the gori sport but would recommend the race kit if you could stretch that far. I'm not sure that there's a new and old casa...I think it's just marketing talk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information