Lambretta Engine Mounts... Which ones are Best?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

I need some new engine mounts/silent blocks for a GP engine that I'm re-building - but there's a few different ones out there & with vastly varying prices...

So which ones are currently regarded as the best to use... (they're for a kitted small block GP engine)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

I've always used mb mounts which are very good £45 and on my last engine I used the Indian 3 hole from scooter restorations at £20 and found them to be just as good done 1100 miles on them and there great

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
fluff34567

As above the indian ones.. make sure the casing is nice and hot. If they are hard to remove or install heat some more. They should wind out with minimal effort.
vegansydney

I've put many 1000s of km on both Tutto Lambretta and SIL 3 hole with great results.

I've said this before, but it's interesting that the original Innocenti blueprints specified that the centre tube should protrude by 2mm. Yet, as you can see from the second image below (appropriated from the GSF), the difference between various reproduction mounts varies wildly.

Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

vegansydney wrote:I've put many 1000s of km on both Tutto Lambretta and SIL 3 hole with great results.

I've said this before, but it's interesting that the original Innocenti blueprints specified that the centre tube should protrude by 2mm. Yet, as you can see from the second image below (appropriated from the GSF), the difference between various reproduction mounts varies wildly.

I'm not technically minded but great post... 8-)
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Are they all the same 36mm diameter?

Also interesting that the engineering drawing shows a 30 degree chamfer too
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information