Plug chop colours

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

;-)

Might make that weekend m8
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Norrie Bodge wrote:;-)

Might make that weekend m8

Got around to using one of your washers under the clip. Had a nice spin around town and she runs great, a tiny bit of splutter every now and then as I just go over 1/2-3/4 throttle. A clip down she was un-rideable but with the washer spot on. Not done a proper chop yet but as I got home pulled clutch in and cut her off as I approached my house and checked plug - much darker than before. Not sure about the lightness of the tip but I'm sure someone on here will enlighten me. Will do some proper chops later but it looks promising. I'm sure she is safe until dyno anyway.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Hate to say it as I think I told you to use a colder plug..... but now looks like you need a hotter one!

Or you could try leaning it off half a turn on the mixture screw and see how it goes.
alanscottj

Scooterdude wrote:Hate to say it as I think I told you to use a colder plug..... but now looks like you need a hotter one!

Or you could try leaning it off half a turn on the mixture screw and see how it goes.
BR8ES at different positions after a good run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Picture 2 and 4 work for me. Heat range of plug fine, just put it back in and enjoy it.
alanscottj

Scooterdude wrote:Picture 2 and 4 work for me. Heat range of plug fine, just put it back in and enjoy it.
Last picture was full throttle so might just up my main (currently 320) and leave it alone until dyno. I'm only thrashing around the lanes so never hold it open for long periods any way. It's nice to ride and fast. Thanks for your input bud :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information