Gear Oil

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Eibar-Jet200
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

Evening all,

Quick question and recommendation.

What gear oil do you use in your engine? Always used ST 90 but getting quite hard to locate without ordering online as no scooter shops up near me.

Can you use Castrol SAE 80 MTX?

Thanks for your input.

John
joespeed

where are you situated? can you please add your location as it is in your interest for help you may require!
i use rock oil st 90 in stock scooters ,in the quicker stuff that has motor cycle clutches i use rock oil light gear oil,all easily to get hold of from your local motor cycle dealers and best scooter shops!
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I've used Silkolene motorcycle gear oil light but since I've swapped over to st90 clutch feels better/smoother. I've just bought a five litre can on eBay for £16 plus post.
bazza3004

Use motul 10/30 transoil in my TS1 with cassette clutch but recently changed the standard 4 plate in mates Li and had to use the same oil in this as its all i had available and he needed the scoot. He says it works fine with this oil in and so far hasnt had any drag or slip issues.
shocky

Straight classic sae 30 same a the vespa about £3 @ liter if bought in 5lts can
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Eibar-Jet200
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

Thank you all.
I will get some oil tracked down and let you all know.

Regards

John
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Go Full Throttle in Kilmarnock or Glasgow Lambretta, would also have thought Eclipse at Tranenet might be worth a shot.

Failing that the 5 litre bottle from Lubtech is decent value if you use the board discount code.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information