Pics of the SSC/Morris clutch??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
theageofindustry
Dealer
Main scooter: 74 Vijai Super

Adam_Winstone wrote:^.... Hmmmm, that's not good and doesn't instil too much confidence for the one that I have sitting on the shelf and hope to fit to a motor soon.

Adam
If you have any issues or have any questions when fitting just shoot me a message. I'll either be able to walk you through it or might have a good part in my stash to get you sorted.
mawso

I've got one somewhere a Version 2, never fitted it, I can dig it out if you want? It came with some replacement Honda plates. I know Morris rode from Bangkok to Kun Ming in China using one of these clutches with an RB230 and AF mid pipe with no slipping. But reports are they're only good for around 20bhp? The springs look almost coilbound without compressing plates and people say there isn't much travel in the lever. I suppose thinner steels might help? Morris is into building bicycles for touring now and pretty much stopped his Lambretta products...his rear adjustable shockers and seats were good products and tested on the trip to China. Putting some photos up may give a chance for others to suggest ideas for thinner steels or alternatives springs.
coaster

mawso wrote:I've got one somewhere a Version 2, never fitted it, I can dig it out if you want? It came with some replacement Honda plates. I know Morris rode from Bangkok to Kun Ming in China using one of these clutches with an RB230 and AF mid pipe with no slipping. But reports are they're only good for around 20bhp? The springs look almost coilbound without compressing plates and people say there isn't much travel in the lever. I suppose thinner steels might help? Morris is into building bicycles for touring now and pretty much stopped his Lambretta products...his rear adjustable shockers and seats were good products and tested on the trip to China. Putting some photos up may give a chance for others to suggest ideas for thinner steels or alternatives springs.
I would put some pictures up of mine but I can't find it :( I saw it a ew weeks ago but it's now disappeared into the mess that is our store room :oops:
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Any idea what the modifications were that determine what is a Version 1 or a Version 2?
joespeed

good quality cheap clutch for low powered scooters with a very light effort required to operate clutch lever,
mawso

Mine, that I was told was version 2, has lightening holes cut out of crown wheel and genuine Honda plates. Might end up using it now in a engine that's being put together to use up stuff that's laying about.
mawso

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information