Anti Dive - essential ???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Trackten
Main scooter: Vespa PX

I am considering what to do about the front brake on my new scooter.

It currently has a standard inboard disc with a broken backplate - I need to do something obviously

I am thinking about a Scoot RS style outboard disc, but I am far from convinced about the benefits, or the engineering of some of the anti dives. I am a firm believer in trying to keep things as simple as possible - If its not fitted then it cant go wrong.

I note that the proddy class racers are not using anti dives ( due to the rules ) so I have to wonder how 'essential' anti dive actually is ( assuming you are not a clumsy braker )

I would be grateful for some real world feedback from people using these disc setups without anti dive - how do YOU find them ?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

I have anti dive on my ts and it works great but if you pull that hard it feels like you have locked up the one without you just break more carefully but even when I've had to pull on hard you do dive down but controllable to be honest I prefer the one without

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
bazza3004

Had the scootrs antidive on mine but no matter how i set it up it always felt too hard under normal riding conditions. Recently converted it to non antidive and love it now. I no many people are very happy with there antidive set ups but mine handles and rides far better with out it but thats just my personal preferance.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive got scoot rs anti-dive tubeless type wheel on my 350 lammy and i love it, got competition pads in it, i will be converting my rb to anti dive when it gets a refurb, a big thumbs up from me.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

GP & S2 both fitted with scoot-RS anti dive kits

Can't fault them ;-)
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Great modification (antidive for the external disc that is ), wouldn't be without it!
Muttley McLadd

It isn't so essential that it's fitted to production two wheelers as even an optional extra.
CakeAndArseParty
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Muttley McLadd wrote:It isn't so essential that it's fitted to production two wheelers as even an optional extra.
I think that has a lot to do with the type of suspension used. The trailing link design of the Lambretta is very prone to causing "dive" under even moderate braking. The production two wheeler that uses the same sort of suspension (Scomadi) does have antidive as standard ;)
eden
Dealer

I have Anti dive on one scooter and not on another.. I prefer the feel of the anti dive, it makes braking while leaning over much more stable imo.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I don't have anti-dive fitted and have "bottomed out" a few times when doing emergency stops. At these times I consider fitting the anti-dive but for the rest of the time there isn't an issue..........regardless of the bottoming out you do stop quickly !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information