lambretta clutch cush

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive been looking at a few various clutches from motorcycles to see if i could attactch one to a lambretta crownwheel , this is intended to go into my rotax 290 so must be able to handle high bhp and torque, my thinking is it might help give the gearbox a longer life,i was thinking i would have to extend the cover outwards with a packer to give enough room,has anyone had any success doing this in the past,
thanks in advance,
holty
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Is that not the same as the SI crownwheel?
holty

youve lost me there adam, ?
Adam_Winstone

Rear crownwheel with inbuilt cush drive, as per Series I...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oNsV ... 6%2Bth.JPG

another example...

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict ... talian.jpg
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

To be honest Holly, your original post is a bit short of info. It is only in the title that you mention a cush, but not in the thread itself. However, this is what Adam has picked up on.

What do you want? A motor cycle clutch with integral cush, installed in a Lambretta casing?
Martin
holty

hi , sorry i didnt explain myself very well, i want to make a cushdrive to fit into a lambretta crownwheel,that fits a lambretta engine casing it will need to be very strong as it is for my rotax 290 conversion,so i was thinking of adapting a motorcycle clutch that has an inbuilt cush, i will have to pack the side case out which i dont mind doing, i have a yamaha clutch with cush drive i thought about using but that clutch dissengages with a pushrod through the center so the pushrod would have to come from the inside which is no good, i will need the clutch to be pushed in from the outside as a lambretta clutch is, hope that makes it a bit clearer,
cheers,
holty
Adam_Winstone

^... yep, I get it but thought it interesting that you might be thinking back to the concept behind Innocenti's initial SIII (and earlier) clutch design. Indeed, did I read somewhere (Scootering's review of the original Innocenti twin motor?) that Innocenti had resorted to fitting a sprung rear sprocket to the twin as the front sprocket does not have the typical front sprocket transmission damper?

When it comes to fitting a motorcycle cush clutch to a Lambretta, best I sit back and watch (with interest) whilst you do it!

Adam
holty

i intend to keep the front damper as well, i just want to give the gearbox an easier life, if you can do that with a high output lambretta engine,
cheers adam
holty
joespeed

hi mr holt,i do believe casa have done such a cush drive in their latest clutch for their high horse power case/kit,have a look on their website.does look nice which usually means expensive!
holty

joespeed wrote:hi mr holt,i do believe casa have done such a cush drive in their latest clutch for their high horse power case/kit,have a look on their website.does look nice which usually means expensive!
hi joe,
yes i have seen those, i didnt even find out the price as i know they will be over my budget, i want something thats affordable and works without a massive price tag, im sure i can find a motorcycle clutch that i can make work, a visit to my local bike breakers is in order, thanks for the pointer. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information