lambretta clutch cush

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive recently purchased a kawasaki kx clutch complete, it has the cush drive i need, ive cut the lambretta crownwheel down, and split the kawasaki clutch, now i need to cut some holes in the basket.
holty

i would like ti be able to fit the full 7 plate cassette clutch, but it might be a little too large, i an intending to use a packing plate behind the side case, its a job in progress. :D
holty

ive made a little progress prototype crownwheel made, i had to ditch the kx basket as it was too large, so ive used a lambratta one but i am going to weld more onto them to make it wider, like the old 6 plate setups with a packer but using the thinner type steels and friction plates,to get more in, spider to sort out next.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

holty wrote:ive been looking at a few various clutches from motorcycles to see if i could attactch one to a lambretta crownwheel , this is intended to go into my rotax 290 so must be able to handle high bhp and torque, my thinking is it might help give the gearbox a longer life,i was thinking i would have to extend the cover outwards with a packer to give enough room,has anyone had any success doing this in the past,
thanks in advance,
holty

I believe GT have or are about to bring out a deeper side case. Might be better than a packer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information